The Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Olympics

What the fuck, there is nothing else going on.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Snoop Dogg gives me a grin
    Last edited by CGVT; July 31, 2024, 11:06 AM.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

The Rugby finals were fun to watch. Watching the big Fijian shed manly tears when they played the national anthem before the gold medal match made me root for them even though they were probably the favorites.

France won instead behind the home crowd advantage for its first gold medal of the games. The entire stadium singing the French anthem was cool.

I still don't really understand the rules very well, but I do understand that I don't want to be anywhere between Dupont and the goal line.

Comment

image.png
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

The television production of the swimming events has been a noticeable downgrade for the US Trials from last month. The Mens 400 IM final was a mess. They did a closeup of the winner while the race for 2nd and 3rd was still going on. Truthfully, the race for 2nd and 3rd was more exciting because the French dude was in first by so much and it was clear he wasn't going to break his own World Record.

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            The television production of the swimming events has been a noticeable downgrade for the US Trials from last month. The Mens 400 IM final was a mess. They did a closeup of the winner while the race for 2nd and 3rd was still going on. Truthfully, the race for 2nd and 3rd was more exciting because the French dude was in first by so much and it was clear he wasn't going to break his own World Record.
            Kinda pissed at NBC about their coverage. Commercial timing SUCKS!!!! You think they could go to a commercial when the USA isn't competing. Not always so. Pisses me off. Interviews and such can be showed any time. USA competition, specifically LIVE USA competition, is where you should be.
            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

I'm a volleyball fan and it was infuriating that they kept going to the split-screen commercial during the women's beach match. In a 20min period, I had to watch about 8min of the actual played match on the tiny split screen. If they do it once in a 30min period, I can understand, but they did it twice close together in the latter half of the match. There were points that I had little idea what happened on the tiny screen.

Comment

The final of the bronze medal match in womens Rugby 7s was insane. Australia scores but misses the conversion to go up 5 with 40 seconds to go and the USA 80 meters away. The US girl broke a tackle in the middle of the field and went 80 meters for the try and the conversion. They win the bronze on the last play of the game!

Comment

Here is the try (it seems like Australia should have been in some sort of cover2 defense, it looks like a running back getting past a goal like D at midfield):

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    Here is the try (it seems like Australia should have been in some sort of cover2 defense, it looks like a running back getting past a goal like D at midfield):

GREAT finish. Replayed today at 5:00pm EST
                    GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                      Nice! I have liked him ever since he was on The Surreal Life on VH1; he seems like a genuinely good dude. Earlier this week there was a video of him playing the piano (at Versailles I think? Somewhere in Paris, IDK); I was impressed.
                      "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

Originally posted by El Axe View Post
                        I'm a volleyball fan and it was infuriating that they kept going to the split-screen commercial during the women's beach match. In a 20min period, I had to watch about 8min of the actual played match on the tiny split screen. If they do it once in a 30min period, I can understand, but they did it twice close together in the latter half of the match. There were points that I had little idea what happened on the tiny screen.
                        The split screen sucks. It only tantalizes you. You can't see the action very good and you just want the commercials to end. Pisses me off when they keep going. Fuck the split screen.
                        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Originally posted by El Axe View Post
                          Get a bigger TV
                          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

img-1-1722694389502.webp
                              "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                              Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

Working...
                              X