This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News: The Forum Continues

Thank you all so much for your donations and support in continuing the Forum. I greatly underestimated the number of people who were still vested in this place and thought it wasn't worth putting in the effort to continue with it. I didn't see a way to continue without real financial support and you all came through, bigtime. Thank you so much!

We raised just about double the amount we had set as our goal, nearing $1,200!

What this means:

For me: I commit to investing the time to move us to a new server (and possibly a new host) and will keep things going through at least the 2025 season.

For you: You commit to participating in discussions and helping keep the Forum worth visiting. Please also continue to use the Amazon link when possible.

If we become more self-sustaining as we move forward, then I see no reason things won't continue indefinitely.

Thank you all.

GO LIONS

#birdsarentreal

Great to hear. I’m going to do my best to remember to use the forum link moving forward. Wish I had the ability to offer some assistance on the technology side, but that’s just not my bag.

Comment

Glad to hear the good news!

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
      My friend Ken L

Comment

Great news for the forum......, and great news for the GBU threads. Monday morning entertainment (UK Time) continues. Fantastic job by all.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Great news Deb ...... all we need now is to ban The Wizard from the Michigan Football Forum. That would be an immense improvement in functionality.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Alejandro Jodorowsky Fun GIF by Endless Poetry
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Thanks again, Deb. Great news!

Comment

We have all suffered through the rough years.
                Nice to know we’ll be able to celebrate when the Lions finally won a Super Bowl

Comment

Originally posted by Dan V View Post
                  We have all suffered through the rough years.
                  Nice to know we’ll be able to celebrate when the Lions finally won a Super Bowl
                  When the Lions win the Super Bowl I'm having a HUKE party.

That/s great Deb. Thanks for everything. I'm loving it. Put me on autopay.😁😁😁😁😁
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by DanO; May 28, 2024, 03:10 AM.
                  GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Once more thank you Deb!

I think all of us in a way took your effort running the forum a bit as granted.

I'll keep it as I decided to start to do last year. My anual donation is a bit like paying NFL Gamepass. Mean it in a good way.

​​​

Gamer dad, like a normal dad, only much cooler / Gamers don't die they respawn
                    🎮 PSN: Thiaugux - 🏆 125 Platinum Trophies
                    https://psnprofiles.com/Thiaugux

Comment

Awesome news!

Comment

Great news, Deb! You da (wo)man!

Now let's kick the damn ball!
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          Great news, Deb! You da (wo)man!
                          How would you say something like that to a non binary person?

“Aww, YES! You da they/them.”

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Great news! Awesome possum! This season will have high expectations, but it should be a fun ride.
                            "Maybe next year."

"If we rebuild it they will win."

Comment

Hey, everyone. I am hoping to move us to a new server and host today or tomorrow. You can expect some wonkiness during that time. The site may not load or be outdated or the Forum may be in "closed" mode as backups are made and data is transferred.

Bottom line: If you experience a problem in the coming days, do not fear, we will be back!

#birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                              X