Possible solution for the Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just sent some cash your way, -Deborah-

I hope that you'll have enough cash when Sunday gets here so that you'll have enough to keep the Forum afloat.

Good luck!

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
    My friend Ken L

Comment

Where do we stand in terms of the goal? I don't have PayPal or anything like that at the moment but would love to send some moolah the old-fashioned way if Deb is okay with it.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Everyone keeps asking how close we/you/them /it are. Nothing but crickets.

I haven't sent a penny yet so have no skin it the game.Seriously, why does stupid shit like this always have to be secret? Just be honest and give a fricken number. I don't get it. This is why there are weirdos like me that question everything

Maybe I'm wrong and it is being done by PM? I don't get it....

Comment

Oh shit, getting scared again........., Someone get over to Fox-Hopping-Mad's house and give him his medication ....., he's losing it again!

(Joking, dude!)
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Originally posted by Whitley View Post
            Where do we stand in terms of the goal? I don't have PayPal or anything like that at the moment but would love to send some moolah the old-fashioned way if Deb is okay with it.

You're gonna send it by pigeon?

(ps this was a joke about sending some cash with an actual pigeon in the air ... I had no idea until googling just now there was an actual payment method called pigeon bwahaha)
            Last edited by Forsh; May 26, 2024, 11:31 AM.
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

I don't have a Paypal account. Had one before but closed it due to privacy concerns. I have donated before but I'm at a loss on how do it now.

Geez I go away for a month and all hell breaks loose!
              Apathetic No More.

Comment

Sent her a private message. You can mail her a check I guess.

Comment

I didn't get a PM from you, Dan V.

Anyone who still wishes to contribute via snail mail, please message me and I can send my address.

I did not provide timely updates on the status of reaching our goal for two reasons. First, my Dad is facing some health challenges and we have been very busy trying to get him moved from Cheboygan down to the Detroit area so I can help take care of him more easily. I was only logging in to answer messages and wasn't digging into the conversations.

Secondly, I didn't think it was fair to sit back and wait and see if some folks donated enough so that others wouldn't need to.

As I said in this thread, the generosity of many people here has ensured that this Forum will continue for two more seasons, through at least the 2025 season. Continued support and participation will keep it going indefinitely.

I appreciate those who understand the personal investment I've made to keep this going over the years. I have never tried to take advantage of anyone.

Thank you all again for your support!
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

Hope things go well with your Dad, that’s always a tough transition. And don’t worry about certain tinfoil hat posts, we’ve always got your back.

Comment

Hey there, Deborah. Hope your dad comes through those difficult health challenges and things work out for you all. Fingers crossed. All the very best.
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                        I didn't get a PM from you, Dan V.

Anyone who still wishes to contribute via snail mail, please message me and I can send my address.

I did not provide timely updates on the status of reaching our goal for two reasons. First, my Dad is facing some health challenges and we have been very busy trying to get him moved from Cheboygan down to the Detroit area so I can help take care of him more easily. I was only logging in to answer messages and wasn't digging into the conversations.

Secondly, I didn't think it was fair to sit back and wait and see if some folks donated enough so that others wouldn't need to.

As I said in this thread, the generosity of many people here has ensured that this Forum will continue for two more seasons, through at least the 2025 season. Continued support and participation will keep it going indefinitely.

I appreciate those who understand the personal investment I've made to keep this going over the years. I have never tried to take advantage of anyone.

Thank you all again for your support!
                        For years, you bore the burden of keeping this thing going and it's very much appreciated.

I personally have no problem with annual contributions going forward and I'm sure many if not most others here do as well. Maybe we should have an annual fundraiser post?

If we end up donating more than is needed, you have more than earned some back pay.

Comment

Sorry Deborah I meant to type in β€œsend β€œ her a private message concerning DSRED who want to know how to pay you. You are correct. I did not send you a private message. Sorry for the typo.

Comment

Hope everything turns out well for your father, Deb. He'll be in my prayers although I have to warn you I don't carry much clout. 😁😁😁😁
                            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Late to the party here. Thanks everyone who has sent donations. I've never done this sort of thing but I will if it is needed after this season. Edit - after next season.
                              Last edited by Iron Lion; July 3, 2024, 12:44 PM.
                              "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                              Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post
                                Late to the party here. Thanks everyone who has sent donations. I've never done this sort of thing but I will if it is needed after this season. Edit - after next season.
                                Do it now. Deb's good for it.
                                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X