Possible solution for the Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News: Possible solution for the Forum

Hi, everyone. We are less than two weeks away from the date I plan to close the Forum. I have not seen a lot of support for any particular solution for the Forum going forward so far. Learning how much this place has meant to you all (including dpatnod) has moved me, so I have a proposal.

If we can raise at least $600 in donations by Sunday, May 26th, I will keep the Forum going through the end of the upcoming season (February 2025). That will include moving us to a new server. By the end of the season, if our Amazon commissions still do not support the Forum, I will either put in a subscription option, ask for another round of donations, or end the Forum.

Is this something you folks would be interested in? If we fail to meet the donation goal by the deadline, I will refund the donations received during this period and continue with the plan to end the Forum.

If there is another viable solution the group would like to pursue instead, I'm down for that. I am just feeling very more and more uneasy about breaking up the group without a good replacement.

Appreciate hearing your thoughts.
    #birdsarentreal

Is there any way you can approximate how many are active, as say during the Lions and Michigan football seasons?
    so maybe we can get what an average per donation you would need.
    If you got more than the 600 that would be great but just trying to find out what the goal per person would look like if most participates

Comment

Donation sent!

Thanks, Deb!
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

I'm in. Donation sent
        "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

Sent
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

What would we do to donate? E transfer?
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Originally posted by Forsh View Post
              What would we do to donate? E transfer?
              There is a donate button at the top of the page. It takes you to paypal

Screenshot 2024-05-17 10.26.16 PM.png
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Donation sent.

Comment

Donation fired over. And if a monthly sub becomes the way forward, I'll be in on that ----->> as a 24/7 trades worker, CGVT keeps me motivated ! Can't be losing that.

Disclaimer ......, 24/7 is vastly exaggerated. Bit of a lazy bstd in reality.
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Deb, sent you another donation of the15$ trough PayPal, the one I had planned for August.

Keep us informed of the amount missing. Can make another donation helping with what will be missing.

Thanks Deb!
                    Gamer dad, like a normal dad, only much cooler / Gamers don't die they respawn
                    🎮 PSN: Thiaugux - 🏆 125 Platinum Trophies
                    https://psnprofiles.com/Thiaugux

Comment

Originally posted by CGVT View Post

There is a donate button at the top of the page. It takes you to paypal

Screenshot 2024-05-17 10.26.16 PM.png
                      Oh ya right right it's been too long. Well unless Deb comes back here in the meantime and tells me e transfer is OK (from here in Canada but I don't think that matters) I'll do a PayPal later when I get home. Thanks

Comment

I sent a donation (my real name is Alex -- el axe).

Please keep us updated if we're short on the goal amount. I sent an amount my wife won't question, but can do some bargaining if we need more.

Comment

Sent

Comment

Donation sent

Comment

Donation sent via Evil Parallel PayPal.

Thanks, Deb.
                              Evil Parallel Universe Lions fans: You will believe in NOW! Comply or suffer the consequences.

This sig brought to you by Omni Consumer Products. For all your consumer product and government needs, OCP has the approved solution for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X