This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanO View Post
    A big thanks to you dpatnod's daughter for letting us know. Your message made me cry. RIP dpatnod.. You will be missed where ever we end up.
    Right? I read her note to my husband last night and we both wound up in tears. He certainly raised a lovely and kind daughter.
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

Very sad to hear. RIP dpatnod.

Comment

I always wanted to visit him since he kind of was on the way to Chicago to visit my daughter.
        i always remind my friends to Try to have a good day and appreciate the things and people around you.
        For many people on here Future was their emotional loss.
        This one is personal to me. Even though we didn’t agree on certain things I got the feeling that he was accepting of other people’s opinions.
        I enjoyed his banter.
        RIP Noid

Comment

Very nice obituary. And sounded a genuinely nice guy. I think we all guessed he was ...., and he had one awesome sense of humour.

The Xbox part, playing NHL 2002 , Black Ops etc with his daughter. Oh man. That got me choked up a bit. Those were the very best days of any dads life. I wonder if you got yer a$$ whipped at the Ice Hockey, Dan? Playing Scotty boy at the FIFA 2000 / 01/ 02 etc etc (soccer) back in the day, --->> never won! Was pumped every game. Those kids are too good.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Very sad news 😔
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

RIP dpatnod.

Indeed a very nice obituary. Knew today he was a fellow gamer. Lions fan, animal lover...seemed a really nice guy. And 54...so young...

Reading his daughter's note also remind me the importance of this forum and this is why you guys have to try to keep it alive somehow.

Not only because the thing we all have in common, the love for the Lions, but because, and more important, the interaction and connection that some of you create also in other threads, that goes beyond supporting a sports team.

​​​​​True friendships are made.
              ​​
              Gamer dad, like a normal dad, only much cooler / Gamers don't die they respawn
              🎮 PSN: Thiaugux - 🏆 125 Platinum Trophies
              https://psnprofiles.com/Thiaugux

Comment

That was a very moving obituary.
                3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
                10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

Very sad. Thanks to his daughter for letting us know.

Comment

Freaking heartbreaking. Love and strength to his daughter.

Comment

I used to be on this forum daily...then I dropped for awhile, came back. Seeing the communication from his daughter has reminded me how much things like this forum can have such an impact on day to day life. I didn't interact with Dpat much, but I feel for his family. The very unfortunate thing is that we are all on this earth for a certain amount of time, and none of us know how long that is.
                      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

What the hell. We've been man down with the flu in our house the last week and haven't been around and come back to this? Terrible news.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Terrible news. Way too young.

Comment

Sad news and far too young indeed. Very nice words from her daughter, it is nice to know that our little group of jackasses can really mean a lot to somebody.

Comment

Ah man that’s awful, another one of my favourite posters and such a young age too.

RIP DPatnod - we had a giggle.

Comment

Goddammit. I miss dpatnod.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X