This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all, thank you Deb!

Not as active as most of you guys, but would see with sadness the end of the forum.

Would gladly take part of the minimal subscription option.

Or in case of that being a future barrier for new members to come in, would gladly be a part of some "core members contribution thing" to the costs of a future forum as long as there would be enough people to help with.
    ​​
    Gamer dad, like a normal dad, only much cooler / Gamers don't die they respawn
    🎮 PSN: Thiaugux - 🏆 125 Platinum Trophies
    https://psnprofiles.com/Thiaugux

Comment

I would greatly miss this place. I came here on a whim with a quick search long ago and I have been here ever since. I'll probably never meet any of you, but the insight I've gotten about this team and the joy of sharing all of the ups and downs through the big moments, the horrible moments, and all the players and coaches in between has been a so fun. I remember getting on this forum on my flip phone. If I'm watching a game my wife usually asks what the forum peeps are saying on the gameday thread. In this day and age there are facebook groups and everything else, but this just hits different. All I can say is this would be horrible timing to lose contact, but very Lions like, in the sense that if the Lions were to finally do something big, I'd of course have none of you guys to share it with.

Also I may be willing to pay a minimal subscription if it was an option.
      "Maybe next year."

"If we rebuild it they will win."

Comment

I'm willing to do full frontal if that helps in any way.
        Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

Deb is to be commended for all of the behind the scenes work she has done over so many years to keep this forum up and running, mostly at her personal cost. While understandable that all things here may come to an end, lets see what jaadam can do.
          Got Kneecaps?

Comment

Could we just move to discord or something like that and create something there?

Comment

Originally posted by mason reese View Post

The lengths you’ll go to just to be able to like your own posts…
              And posts like this is why this forum should never die.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

I added a question mark to the title since it's possible things could continue with someone else taking it on.

Thank you all for the kind words and your understanding of the spot I'm in.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Deb,

You're the best!!

Good luck with whatever you decide on.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                  My friend Ken L

Comment

Deb, you really are a legend for keeping this place open this long. If Jaadam needs any help keeping it going, I am willing to give a hand too. I’ve been running a forum myself for the last seven years and I’ve got a lot of experience having run them since the early 00s. vBulletin, phpBB, SMF, Xenforo: done it all. Gotta keep this place going. I’ve seen too many great forums disappear.
                    Last edited by Sanders Fan; April 29, 2024, 08:25 PM.
                    3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
                    10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

In the history of this GREAT forum, has there ever been two of the most depressing sticky topics? The late GREAT Futureshock, (RIP dude) and the Lions forum closing?! NOOOO!
                      Hate to say it but ——>> So, Im so depressed. 🤦‍♂️
                      Hopefully the unique & brilliant Jadaam can help Deborah out and keep this place going. 10% out of selfishness because this place is superb, but 90% for ALL you guys…… you’ve all hung out and met each other at Tailgates and also went through all the pain of members passing etc etc. Very historic place this.

Can i just add , as someone from the UK and who frequents way more sporting sites on this side of the pond than the USA; Deborah, you are top of the league for hosting and for being an excellent leader at Letting conversation flow. Over here, we have “threads locked” left, right and centre, (that center for you jadaam, you unique, brilliant bastard) and theyre locked due to the snowflake tendencies of the twats over here. The Lions forums very own Politics or Covid threads would’ve been locked YEARS ago. I have loved every minute of it and i’ve also learned tons as well. And this Asshole believes it’s all down to you, Deborah. Thanks for everything. 👍👌👏👏👏👏

There’s only one thing to say really.

Stafford fucking sucks.
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Hopefully things do work out in some way with what Jaadam is talking about. But, should they not it's been a pleasure talking and debating football with many of you. Even if sometimes it seemed closer to arguing(looking at you politics thread). Like someone else said perhaps a discord server could be set up if some want to keep in touch.

Comment

Here's hoping something gets worked out, with the Lions being a Super Bowl contender now we want to keep this fine tradition going right?

Deb, thanks for all that you've done!

Comment

If you need a temp home (or possibly a permanent one depending on things shake out), I’ve spoken to this forum’s owner, https://goatpen.net/forums/index.php about the issues here. He would make you some threads, but I don’t know about the number that would/could be made or how customizable they would be, but it’s at least an option if interested.

There are several on the M forum here that have had memberships there for years, as well.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by CGVT View Post

I hope you do. I've been talking to you assholes for about 30 years. It has been a part of my daily routine and I check this forum first thing in the morning and throughout the day. I feel as if you all are friends or even distant relatives, (you know, like that cousin that you don't like but put up with when you go to grandma's at Christmas). I would hate to lose that.

I checked out the board that edindetroit referenced. It seems that they have a core group that has been together for about 15-20 years. It might be a difficult move for a bunch of us to join an already established group.

It said that the pro boards are free? Do you all think it would be possible to move our bunch of misfits to a new forum there if jaadam is not the saviour that he claims to be?

Oh yeah, and thanks to -Deborah- for keeping this together for all of these years.
                              Whatever we do, let's do it together. I'd miss the banter. We all have relationships, for better or worse, but let's keep the gang intact.

I'm in favor of a subscription fee, if it can be paid by check without electronic media.

Comment

Thanks for all your good work Deb!
                                Whatever the future has in store I’m sure we can keep it together because you guys are all wonderful friends.

Comment

Working...
                                X