• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Future Shock? Meet Giovanni Manu OT

By Lance Zierlein
    NFL Analyst

Draft Projection

Round 7/PFA Overview

Manu looks like an offensive line prospect who was crafted with the help of artificial intelligence. He’s tall with long arms and impressive lean muscle mass. However, he hasn’t had exposure to high-end competition and elements of his game will have to be built from the ground up. He has some nasty in his work and has developmental tools to mold. If he doesn’t have the foot quickness to play tackle, he appears to have the bend and power to give it a go as a guard. Manu could be a late-round pick, but teams will need to be patient with his development. Strengths
    • Premium size with lean mass and thick limbs.
    • Plays with good knee bend in pass protection.
    • Snaps hands into place and churns feet through contact.
    • Explosive hips help him get downhill and control the block.
    • Possesses chippy demeanor as a block finisher.
    Weaknesses
    • Will be attempting to make major jump in level of competition.
    • Will need to work on reconfiguring his stance.
    • Hands can be too deliberate getting into run blocks.
    • Pass protection fundamentals are way behind where they need to be.
    • Might not have enough range and redirection to play tackle.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

He is 6'7 350 out of the University of British Columbia

They gaveup a 2025 3rd rounder for him.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Eli Axe gets his swing OT. Competition for Skipper and a long term project there. I guess it makes sense because it’s a premium position and the Lions get long term insurance depending on Decker.

My first thought was obviously “who?” … Hopefully he’s our Jordan Mailata of the future. 😅
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

At the very least he could be an adequate backup Guard

Comment

Originally posted by Whitley View Post
          He is 6'7 350 out of the University of British Columbia

They gaveup a 2025 3rd rounder for him.
          Sounds like an overpay.....From the sounds of it he is super raw....Not really a fan of giving up future picks for projects that are a long shot.

Comment

Comment

Brad Holmes is a genius with most picks but every draft you have to give him one “What the f*ck are you doing pick?”

He’s earned it and this is that pick. It’s a gross over pay
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Comment

From Brugler's The Beast

image.png

Comment

Those highlights look like he's playing against low level high schoolers

Comment

Originally posted by El Axe View Post
                      Those highlights look like he's playing against low level high schoolers
                      Well, it is Canadian ball...

Comment

I'm not even joking when I say that Holmes might have had some misgivings about passing on that Kingsley guy and gone out of his way to get the next athletic tools tackle prospect. At least he's athletic. The Brodric Martin of 2024
                        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Nice footwork. But let's be honest here. This is a backup to Decker and is a couple years away of playing..

Comment

Originally posted by klondike View Post
                            Nice footwork. But let's be honest here. This is a backup to Decker and is a couple years away of playing..
                            Honestly, I think this pick is a way to say that the Lions are committed to Decker and are planning on extending him. Holmes implied that Manu is 2 years away.

Comment

Originally posted by El Axe View Post

Honestly, I think this pick is a way to say that the Lions are committed to Decker and are planning on extending him. Holmes implied that Manu is 2 years away.
                              I think what it does is set the terms of a Decker extension. I think you are looking at 2-3 years instead of 4-5

Comment

Working...
                              X