Kingsley Suamataia OT/OG -- my first choice at this point
    Cooper Beebe OG
    Christian Mahagony OG
    Troy Franklin WR -- one of the Lions' top-30 visits
    Ennis Rakestraw CB -- Hard to pass up his value here
    Good call Lions take Rakestraw

Comment

• Gritty.
      From what I know, not a pure CB. More of a chess piece to move around. Great option to cover TEs. Plays hard and physical.

Secondary significantly helped!
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Lions secondary totally made over in two years.
        3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
        10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Corners take time to develop and often just miss. Holmes is building the secondary for 2025, ‘26. I like the pick and I like what it says about building for steady competitiveness.
          Evil Parallel Universe Lions fans: You will believe in NOW! Comply or suffer the consequences.

This sig brought to you by Omni Consumer Products. For all your consumer product and government needs, OCP has the approved solution for you.

Comment

• Hard to argue with loading up at your biggest weakness in both Free agency and the draft. This is a complete overhaul. A complete overhaul was needed.

Comment

• Wow, Holmes is not kidding about BPA

Rakestraw was the probably the best value on the board. Very much a Lions DNA type of player.

I would have preferred they trade back instead of taking yet another DB. I'm not sure they have room for all these guys.

Seems to me like this means that Branch is now a safety.

Comment

• Ravens selet Roger Rosegarten OT
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Safety
                  Dadrion Taylor-Demens
                  Jaden Hicks

OT
                  Kiran Amegadjie
                  Caeden Wallace

Edge
                  Austin Booker

LB
                  Junior Coulson

WR
                  Malachi Corley
                  Tony Franklin
                  Roman Wilson
                  Malik Washington
                  Javon Baker

IOL
                  Cooper Beebe (guard only)
                  Zak Zinter
                  Christian Haynes

TE
                  J Sanders​​
                  2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post
                    Wow, Holmes is not kidding about BPA

Rakestraw was the probably the best value on the board. Very much a Lions DNA type of player.

I would have preferred they trade back instead of taking yet another DB. I'm not sure they have room for all these guys.

Seems to me like this means that Branch is now a safety.
                    He's probably going to be a safety in any 2 CB packages, sure.

He's almost assuredly going to be the nickel in any nickel or dime packages.

Rakestraw is probably not going to be in the mix right away in Year 1. Arnold might not even be a Day 1 starter.

Comment

• Chefs select Kingsley Suamatia G/T

Comment

• The defensive backfield is a whole lot better now, can’t wait to see them make plays this season.

Comment

• Chiefs take Suamataia next pick. That's a steal at this point. Not sure why we'd pass on him to overload the DB room.

Does this mean that we really like Sorsdal? At this point, we're not getting any quality depth on OL. Our next pick isn't until late in the 5th round, over 100 picks from now. You don't get quality OL players that late.

I don't think Rakestraw is a bad pick, I am very concerned about making sure we have a quality OL and right now we don't have much there if someone goes down.

Maybe we go back to the secondary OL free-agents?

Comment

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post
                            Chiefs take Suamataia next pick. That's a steal at this point. Not sure why we'd pass on him to overload the DB room.

Does this mean that we really like Sorsdal? At this point, we're not getting any quality depth on OL. Our next pick isn't until late in the 5th round, over 100 picks from now. You don't get quality OL players that late.

I don't think Rakestraw is a bad pick, I am very concerned about making sure we have a quality OL and right now we don't have much there if someone goes down.

Maybe we go back to the secondary OL free-agents?
                            use a pick next year to trade into the 3rd>

Comment

• 49ers end Round 2 selecting Renardo Green CB

Comment

• I really like the Green pick there.

Comment

Working...
                                X