No announcement yet.

Terrorizing the wideouts: Terrion Arnold CB, Lions FIrst Rounder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

What I love is that she crushed the reading of the pick. That was borderline professionally done

Comment

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
        My friend Ken L

Comment

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
          My friend Ken L

Comment

I really like every single thing that's come out about Arnold the person. Seems like an incredible fit. The 4.5 40 isn't ideal you think a bit about deep routes ... but his 3 cone was elite elite and his 10 yard was great. He seems a bit grabby but hopefully that won't be a problem. The run support stuff sounds incredible. It sounds like he's very similar to Witherspoon, really.

The only thing that kind of gets me is that every team went at him and nobody threw at Kool-Aid ... even after Arnold started getting a great reputation. That's a bit odd
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Originally posted by Forsh View Post
              I really like every single thing that's come out about Arnold the person. Seems like an incredible fit. The 4.5 40 isn't ideal you think a bit about deep routes ... but his 3 cone was elite elite and his 10 yard was great. He seems a bit grabby but hopefully that won't be a problem. The run support stuff sounds incredible. It sounds like he's very similar to Witherspoon, really.

The only thing that kind of gets me is that every team went at him and nobody threw at Kool-Aid ... even after Arnold started getting a great reputation. That's a bit odd
              We're on the same page. I have the same exact concern throughout the process.

It's possible that Arnold got the bulk of the #1 receiver assignments -- and since both of them would likely completely smother the #2, it forced the opponents to go to their #1 as the only possibility of success.

edit: reading more about Arnold, it sounds like it wasn't until partly into last season that opponents started recognizing his talent. At that point McKinstry was already known to be outstanding, so it makes sense that opponents didn't adjust away from him even if he was doing great.
              Last edited by El Axe; April 26, 2024, 03:56 PM.

Comment

image.png

It always felt like Slay grabbed and held alot, but seemed to get away with it....Im guessing the good corners the refs let that go? There is probably a window though where you have to earn that respect...probably wont happen game 1.

Comment

Nick Saban had high praise for him.
                  I think a lot has to do with the mental make up of a corner. Have to be mentally tough and not dwell on previous negative plays

Comment

Best Lions rookie introductory press conference that I can remember… maybe since Suh?… or maybe Sewell had a great one.

Thinking to myself if buying a black Arnold jersey is now worth it. Tough call after just getting a new blue Hutch jersey. Arnold has me sold. Going above and beyond to root for his success.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Love this kid
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

A little story here...
                        Back in 1981 I met Jeff my roommate at college. He was a short kinda ugly little dude but he had such CONFIDENCE. He had game and could get dates with women that blew my mind.

Just the way Arnold looks at the guys he talks to, his swagger, I am immediately reminded of Jeff.

Jeff rubbed off on me in a great way. I got the nerve to ask my future wife out and 34 years and 3 grown up kids ( now excellent young men) later, it is amazing how a cocky confident kid from Alabama takes me back to Jeff.

I love this kid. I know he will succeed . He has the "IT" factor. He doesn't care what people think. Right is right and hard work it where it is at.

Nice pick Lions. St Brown was my favorite lion. My oldest son says he reminds him of me.

Arnold reminds me of Jeff and Jeff is a major success.

Comment

I agree. He's going to be an A+ in that locker room.
                          3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
                          10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Interesting little nugget here. Looks like the Lions were initially getting in position to trade up in the 1st to grab a different player (named in the article), but when Arnold continued to hang around, they pivoted:

Detroit has selected the former Alabama coach’s favorite player in the NFL draft two consecutive years.

Comment

Originally posted by BJK View Post
                                Interesting little nugget here. Looks like the Lions were initially getting in position to trade up in the 1st to grab a different player (named in the article), but when Arnold continued to hang around, they pivoted:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/04/30/20...avorite-player
                                Man am I glad they didn’t trade up for Robinson. I’d have not loved that draft. Not at all
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X