Shocking the Future is NOW! : First Round thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    I tend to agree with Mainevent, but I would caution on using the never done it before rational. There is a clearly an NFL development problem of quarterbacks. Some of these guys are too young and flame out of the league before they are ready for a proper chance.

Look at Goff, he started early and was a punchline in the league and then he matured and developed.
    Like the line from The Princess Bride - "We'll never survive the Fire Swamp", "You're only saying that because no one ever has". There's a first time for everything.

As for Cousins being a trade asset, well I'm not sure how much a late 30s QB that never won a playoff game would garner you, not to mention ATL would have dead cap hits of $90M and $65M the first two years. Denver set a new standard for eating dead money with Russ, but my guess it's not something a lot of owners are interested in doing.

Comment

• The thing is that Cousins signed March 13th or whatever. That's 1.5 months ago. The Falcons were probably doing their due diligence on Penix recently and he absolutely wowed them. Not surprising. The thing about not telling Cousins until they were on the clock ... that's a bit iffy ... but here's the thing ... what if they tell Cousins a week ago they're thinking Penix at 8 and then either somebody unexpected (Harrison Alt Nabers) falls or somebody jumps into top 7 for Penix? They'd have alienated Cousins for no reason.

I think this is all fine. They needed a QB it was terrible the last few years ... they got a guy ... then found what they think is a gem and he's 12 years younger so they'll sort it out
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Cousins is easy to move on from after year 2. Only 25m in dead cap for 2026 or 12.5 in Both '26 and '27. If they are getting high trade value at that point it will be more than worth it.

I'm not trying to argue that it's not unusual at 8. I'm just saying that if their evaluation came back as this guy is a Franchise QB then it's a good pick if that's true. And just because he probably will sit two years at least doesn't mean it's because he has to sit that long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanders Fan View Post
          The guys said on ESPN that the Falcons worked him out and thought he was like the second coming of Stafford.
          So he will be their starter for 12 years, get traded to the Rams and win a Superbowl?
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• First round picks are generally expected to be immediate contributors to improve a roster to make a team more competitive. Drafting Penix does not do that. Falcons have much more pressing needs that could have been addressed.
            Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              Give it up dude.
              Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
              No never
              im here terrorize you and you only
              I cracked up over this
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
              X