Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gameday Thread: NFC Championship GRIT vs 9ers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    I don't think about it too much truthfully. What happens in the future will probably determine how I think about that game.
    Exactly. Although I was disappointed, I really wasn't that upset about the game. I didn't expect them to be there anyway. I don't think of it much at all.

Moving forward, though, if it turns out that was our "shot" I'll probably look at it differently
    Last edited by CGVT; June 6, 2024, 06:01 PM.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I know what happened that’s all I need to know

Comment

• Yeah, my friends thought I would be crushed after the loss to the 49ers. Their favorite teams have had a lot more success. But for me, it was fun getting there and being there. The fact that they were in a position to win was just gravy.

Comment

• I lived in Chicago in the 80s and was a Bears fan. The Bears had been bad since 1963. In 1984, the Bears made it to the NFC championship game against the 49ers and lost 23-0. As they left the field the 49ers clowned on them, saying something like "next time, bring an offense." In 1985, the Bears crushed almost all their opponents in one of the most dominant seasons in NFL history

I don't want to jinx anything, but I feel a lot of the same vibes. I've always felt that Dan Campbell is the spiritual successor to Mike Ditka.

This play may look familiar:

Last edited by El Axe; June 6, 2024, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
            Yeah, my friends thought I would be crushed after the loss to the 49ers. Their favorite teams have had a lot more success. But for me, it was fun getting there and being there. The fact that they were in a position to win was just gravy.
            I don't want the fun of getting there. I want to see them hoist that trophy high!
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post
              I don't want to jinx anything, but I feel a lot of the same vibes. I've always felt that Dan Campbell is the spiritual successor to Mike Ditka.
              ​​​​​​
              But in the end with more rings. Much more rings.

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                I don't think about it too much truthfully. What happens in the future will probably determine how I think about that game.

When the Wings lost at home in game 7, it didn't bother me that much at the time. I had seen 4 cups in 11 seasons, losing one finals was bad, but the future was still bright and certainly there were more SCF appearances on the way.

Now I think about that ridiculous loss a hell of a lot more than I did then. Brad Stuart and Jiri Hudler mistakes haunt me.
                I can relate to this 100% ….. (if i am understanding you correct that is ; that damn pond)

The AFL’s mighty Richmond Tigers won the flag in 2017, 2019 & 2020. ——>> in 2018 they got to the semi finals and were just beaten by a few points. And it was one Collingwood player, (Mason Cox , American) who played one absolute amazing game who essentially beat the Tigers that day.
                Richmond had won the flag 2017 so I wasn’t THAT bothered at the time.

But from 2021 onwards, thinking back, knowing they’d have done a record equalling 4 flags in a row ——>> man that can really piss you off.

Totally agree also with CGVT. The San Fran loss will become more “thorn in the side-ish” IF Detroit return to being SOL in the coming years.
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                X