Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gameday Thread: NFC Championship GRIT vs 9ers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dsred View Post

Oh good, here comes Captain Binary again. Context matters, fuckwad.
    The context is they didn't make the play. The 4th down plays they made you never complain about. The last two playoff games had successful 4th down plays. If Craig Reynolds gets stuffed and the Bucs are still tied 10-10, the context is Dan Campbell didn't take the points to get the lead and he blew it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanders Fan View Post

If Badgely didn’t kick that 54 yarder against the Rams, they possibly lose. So why is he afraid to kick a 45 yarder in this situation?
      just because he passes on a FG doesn’t mean he was worried the kicker wouldn’t make it.
      "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

The context is they didn't make the play. The 4th down plays they made you never complain about. The last two playoff games had successful 4th down plays. If Craig Reynolds gets stuffed and the Bucs are still tied 10-10, the context is Dan Campbell didn't take the points to get the lead and he blew it.
        Wrong. Try your shtick with somebody else.

Why don't you go out and gamble your house on the NFL every week? Because you're not stupid, right? There's intelligent gambling and reckless gambling. When the other team scores 20 straight points on you and you have a chance to kick a 46 yard FG to re-tie the game (that any competent FG kicker should make), you do it.

It was stupid.
        Apathetic No More.

Comment

You can disagree with them that's fine, but if you don't complain about successful 4th down conversions, I'm going to say the same thing, "people only agree with going for it on 4th down when it works."
          So I have to agree with every fourth down decision because some of them work? Is that what you are saying? If 40% of them are successful, that means that we can’t criticize a couple here or there that probably cost the Lions a critical game. Why ever kick a FG if we can’t criticize the fourth down play calling?
          Last edited by Sanders Fan; January 28, 2024, 11:48 PM.
          3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
          10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

You can disagree with them that's fine, but if you don't complain about successful 4th down conversions, I'm going to say the same thing, "people only agree with going for it on 4th down when it works." The Lions have had plenty of touchdowns this year on drives that had successful 4th down conversions that were very similar to those situations with the exception that they were successful. That means in this season there were multiple times where they extended a drive that resulted in more points than if they took points or punted.

Reynolds has to catch that ball. He blew it.
            The weird thing is this....... I agreed with many of the choices to go for it during the season. This is not after seeing how it went. Really.

But tonight, and the 2nd and 3rd attempt in Dallas I did not agree with. I loved the fake punt(s) early in the year. I was thinking that was the right call - BEFORE I knew how it turned out. Because there are times when it seems like the best option. Other times, you should take the points. Cuz, ya know, it's not a decision that should be a blanket policy. You can sometimes do what your opponent DOESN'T expect. And circumstances dictate how likely you are to succeed. Some defenses are better than others, etc. That is why you pay a guy to make those decisions. And hold them to the results they produce.

So now what?
            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Anytime someone disagrees with your opinion, you dwt. Quick with the insults and name calling.

Again, you didn't complain when those successful 4th down conversions helped the Lions win two close playoff games.

This is who Campbell is, for better or worse.

Comment

So I have to agree with every fourth down decision because some of them work? Is that what you are saying? If 40% of them are successful, that means that we can’t criticize a couple here or there that probably cost the Lions a critical game. Why ever kick a FG if we can’t criticize the fourth down play calling?
                Yup. That's Captain Binary's "logic".
                Apathetic No More.

Comment

Anytime someone disagrees with your opinion, you dwt. Quick with the insults and name calling.

Again, you didn't complain when those successful 4th down conversions helped the Lions win two close playoff games.

This is who Campbell is, for better or worse.
                  Then Campbell needs to be better.

PS- To be honest, I don't even know why I respond to your shtick. But I'm done now. Go play games with someone else it'll work on.
                  Apathetic No More.

Comment

So I have to agree with every fourth down decision because some of them work? Is that what you are saying? If 40% of them are successful, that means that we can’t criticize a couple here or there that probably cost the Lions a critical game when there’s no guarantee that they will ever get back to in the near future.
                    No you should vehemently complain when they work. Be consistent. If Craig Reynolds gets stuffed or LaPorta doesn't get both feet in, you guys are blaming Campbell. But when they make it, it becomes a play that was bound to work and no credit is given for that decision.

It's why for years coaches and would punt or hardly ever go for it. They were blame shifting. I like that Campbell is the coach, he will make decisions that will invite blame. People complained when Jim Caldwell was incredibly conservative, but he would avoid blame on decisions like this, but he had multiple losses where they gave up big leads in the 4th quarter by desperately trying to milk the clock.

Comment

• I wouldn’t even care this much if this game wasn’t that winnable. If they were torched like in 91 you just put your hands up and say better luck next year (or 30 years later). When the coach makes egregious errors it just makes it that much more painful.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsred View Post

Then Campbell needs to be better.

PS- To be honest, I don't even know why I respond to your shtick. But I'm done now. Go play games with someone else it'll work on.
                        And he was better in the games versus Tampa Bay and LA, that's because Craig Reynolds got in the end zone and LaPorta made the catch. Josh Reynolds blew an easy catch.

Comment

And he was better in the games versus Tampa Bay and LA, that's because Craig Reynolds got in the end zone and LaPorta made the catch. Josh Reynolds blew an easy catch.
                          Zzzzz.....
                          Apathetic No More.

Comment

I wouldn’t even care this much if this game wasn’t that winnable. If they were torched like in 91 you just put your hands up and say better luck next year (or 30 years later). When the coach makes egregious errors it just makes it that much more painful.
                            Josh Reynolds blew two easy catches and Gibbs fumbled a ball at the 25. That's where the game was lost.

Comment

No you should vehemently complain when they work. Be consistent. If Craig Reynolds gets stuffed or LaPorta doesn't get both feet in, you guys are blaming Campbell. But when they make it, it becomes a play that was bound to work and no credit is given for that decision.

It's why for years coaches and would punt or hardly ever go for it. They were blame shifting. I like that Campbell is the coach, he will make decisions that will invite blame. People complained when Jim Caldwell was incredibly conservative, but he would avoid blame on decisions like this, but he had multiple losses where they gave up big leads in the 4th quarter by desperately trying to milk the clock.
                              I have used the words “controlled aggression” before in regards to what I like to see from Campbell. In this game, he just left caution to the wind. Once, fine…twice, forget about it, especially against a team where points are at a premium. I think he let that big lead get to him and just let it rip and it bit him in the ass.

Comment

OK. I';ll try one more time. I didn't complain with most of the going for it decisions this year, BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME. However, sometimes I disagree. This is not based on hindsight. That was really my opinion in that instance - before knowing the results.

he will make decisions that will invite blame.

See, it's not really making a decision if it is just what you constantly do. You gotta choose your shots. That is my criticism of Dan Campbell. Sorry that hurts your feelings so much.

I don't know why you want me to complain about other instances that I agreed with at the time.
                                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Working...
                                X