Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gameday Thread: NFC Championship GRIT vs 9ers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    When the Lions scored touchdowns on 4th down in the last two playoff games, absolutely nobody complained that they didn't take the field goal attempt.
    Different opponents and situations call for different strategies. It's a football thing.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• People only want to go for it on 4th down if you make it. They never, ever complain when it works.

Comment

People only want to go for it on 4th down if you make it. They never, ever complain when it works.
        Forget it, he's rolling
        The only logical explanation is:
        I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• I just think it has its place (going for it), but there is a point where you are just being a dumbass. It needs to be somewhat selective and strategic, not something you do every time. Predictability is not good.
          Lions Fans.

Comment

People only want to go for it on 4th down if you make it. They never, ever complain when it works.
            We discussed this after the Dallas game. Dan would have went for the two point conversion if they were on the 7 yard line, the 20 yard line, hell the 50 yard line. He just “felt” like it was the time to go for it, even after God said “Dan, take the extra point” on the third try.

Fourth and inches in that situation, go for it. Goff could probably trip over his shoe laces and get the first down on a sneak. Fourth and two, kick the FG. If Badgely can’t hit a 45 yard field goal he has no business being on any NFL team.

Fuck, that was a very winnable game and nobody knows if they are gonna be back. I’m just glad I’m not a kid like I was during the 90s. I’d be comatose after a game like this.
            Last edited by Sanders Fan; January 28, 2024, 11:03 PM.
            3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
            10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• For the record - and I know froot wants me to keep a record of these things - the only coaching decision I disagreed with was how the last 2 minutes were handled. The rest I had no problem with.

Good: It was a good playoff run and great season.

Bad: That 4th down drop by Reynolds was the turning point. Not saying everything was his fault, but that started the slide. Then the damn broke with the Gibb's fumble.

Ugly: Just not enough athleticism on defense. The long Aiyuk reception told the tale: off our guy's hands and facemask while Debo tracks it down to make an amazing catch. Also telling the tale is their consistent inability to take the QB down even when the pressure gets home.

Edit: damn wrong thread!
              Last edited by LightninBoy; January 28, 2024, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanders Fan View Post

We discussed this after the Dallas game. Dan would have went for the two point conversion if they were on the 7 yard line, the 20 yard line, hell the 50 yard line. He just “felt” like it was the time to go for it, even after God said “Dan, take the extra point” on the third try.

Fourth and inches in that situation, go for it. Goff could probably trip over his shoe laces and get the first down on a sneak. Fourth and two, kick the FG. If Badgely can’t hit a 45 yard field goal he has no business being on any NFL team.

Fuck, that was a very winnable game and nobody knows if they are gonna be back. I’m just glad I’m not a kid like I was during the 90s. I’d be comatose after a game like this.
                Yes you discussed it after the Dallas game, but you didn't discuss it after the Rams or Bucs games. If they take the three in those games, they quite possibly lose. Nobody complained that he went for it and made it. The Lions had a considerable amount of TDs over the season from the fourth down calls. Reynolds has to catch the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
                  For the record - and I know froot wants me to keep a record of these things - the only coaching decision I disagreed with was how the last 2 minutes were handled. The rest I had no problem with.

Good: It was a good playoff run and great season.

Bad: That 4th down drop by Reynolds was the turning point. Not saying everything was his fault, but that started the slide. Then the damn broke with the Gibb's fumble.

Ugly: Just not enough athleticism on defense. The long Aiyuk reception told the tale: off our guy's hands and facemask while Debo tracks it down to make an amazing catch. Also telling the tale is their consistent inability to take the QB down even when the pressure gets home.
                  I agree with the last two minutes, it has to be passes into the end zone until 4th down, then you can run it if it gets there.

Comment

Yes you discussed it after the Dallas game, but you didn't discuss it after the Rams or Bucs games. If they take the three in those games, they quite possibly lose. Nobody complained that he went for it and made it. The Lions had a considerable amount of TDs over the season from the fourth down calls. Reynolds has to catch the ball.
                    If Badgely didn’t kick that 54 yarder against the Rams, they possibly lose. So why is he afraid to kick a 45 yarder in this situation?

Comment

• How many successful 4th down conversions have you complained about?

Comment

How many successful 4th down conversions have you complained about?
                        So we can't ever disagree with those decisions because he made a couple?

Would you have done the three in a row in Dallas?
                        Lions Fans.

Comment

Oh good, here comes Captain Binary again. Context matters, fuckwad.
                          Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Totally agree with this person…
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• You can disagree with them that's fine, but if you don't complain about successful 4th down conversions, I'm going to say the same thing, "people only agree with going for it on 4th down when it works." The Lions have had plenty of touchdowns this year on drives that had successful 4th down conversions that were very similar to those situations with the exception that they were successful. That means in this season there were multiple times where they extended a drive that resulted in more points than if they took points or punted.

Reynolds has to catch that ball. He blew it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanders Fan View Post
                                Totally agree with this person…
                                To be honest, I didn't mind the first one. But after SF marched up and down the field on you in the third quarter and you pass up what should be a makeable 46 yard FG to re-tie the game.... Come on man!
                                Apathetic No More.

Comment

Working...
                                X