Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gameday Thread: NFC Championship GRIT vs 9ers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
    McKneeCaps…… hilarious
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Win and we’re in the f’ing Super Bowl. Never in my life did I think this was possible. MCDC and the boys will be ready for this. This is absolutely crazy
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Pumped for the players and the fans.

LETS GO!!!
        AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

So if the Lions and Chiefs win, does the Taylor Swift still apply?

Comment

Listening to various sports sites all week on satellite radio . The ones who don't know the Lions are obvious, thinking our team will get killed by the 49ers rushing game.
            The ones that KNOW the lions know how well they match up vs SF.

1. SF has a lot of trouble all year vs SLOT wide receivers---we have St Brown.
            2. SF pass rush can be negated by a good OL- we have a top 3 OL
            3. Purdy and SF do not play well from behind--- Lions start fast (Take the ball if they win a Coin toss) Goff's best numbers are in the first and 4th QTR this year.
            4. SF stops the run well, not so much wide- Lions run Gibbs well to the right on Sewell's side and pull the left tackle and guard.
            5. Goff plays bad in the elements on the road---He is going home to a 70 degree sunny day
            6. Goff chokes under pressure....Even if Jonah Jackson is out , we can negate the pass rush by having Goff roll to the right side away from his side.

The biggest element to me is the lions ability for imaginative play calling. They run when they should pass and vice versa. Ben Johnson is a master of trickery and unpredicatability.

Goff also has freedom to change the play at the line and is a smart guy.

There is no reason the lions should be a 7 point dog.

Lions 24, SF 23

Redemption of the Eddie Murray wide right miss from Dec 31, !983 playoff game vs the 49ers.

Comment

I have the secret weapon ready; when the playoffs started, I retired my 30-year Lions hat as it had the stench of the past all over it.

i bought a new hat when I headed to the Rams game., which is undefeated.

2-0 moving to 3-0

Go Lions

32-24 Lions, but the 49ers will scare all of us and go up 13-0 in the first half before the Lions settle down.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                So if the Lions and Chiefs win, does the Taylor Swift still apply?
                That will be a dilemma for sure.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Its the best dilemma to have.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ken View Post
                    I have the secret weapon ready; when the playoffs started, I retired my 30-year Lions hat as it had the stench of the past all over it.

i bought a new hat when I headed to the Rams game., which is undefeated.

2-0 moving to 3-0

Go Lions

32-24 Lions, but the 49ers will scare all of us and go up 13-0 in the first half before the Lions settle down.
                    GO HAT!!!
                    GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Lions can win this game but no room for errors today. Everyone has to be on point today and play near flawlessly football to pull this off because this 49ers team can be had. I expect to see Dan Gamble take chances against. There will be big plays. Our defense will give up big yards but all they have to do is make one big play that can change the game and possibly ice it.

I’m a betting man but I feel too many people are banking on the Niners too highly. As a fan I’ll take the Lions 28-25. I expect the Lions will at least cover the spread regardless on the outcome.

Comment

I don’t think we need a perfect game. We need to win the turnover battle and it’s game over
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

I'm going to the game! Scored some tickets and going there with a couple of ex-pat Detroiters. We going to take the train down to Santa Clara, hit up the Lions tailgate, and root the Lions on to victory!

I just realized... the last Bay Area football game I went to was when the Lions played the Oakland Raiders at McAfee Stadium, in 2007, for the season opener. We were right behind the Lions bench. It was Calvin Johnson's first NFL game (70 yards and a TD, btw), Rod Marinelli was the head coach, and the Lions won. Oh, and there was this big meathead white boy blocking tight end on the team back then, some guy named Campbell.....

Hopefully, my role as a Lions' good luck charm continues!
                          "To alcohol! The cause of—and solution to—all of life's problems." —Homer Simpson, 1997

Comment

might be the weed talking but i'm not nervous whatsoever rn
                            "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                            Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

Very cool Larsky. Have fun. Cheer on our LIONS!!
                              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

That would be so Rad to be at this game
                                have a great time and Goooo Lions

Comment

Working...
                                X