No announcement yet.

Jared Goff’s next contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newsflash - every top quarterback is going to make 50 million.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      Newsflash - every top quarterback is going to make 50 million.
      Yeah, people thinking he is not going to get top dollar are in for an awakening. Ha!
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Probably even more important than knowing the salaries of the good, established quarterbacks is knowing the price of the suspect guys on the free market are going to get expensive. You aren't really saving money unless you are taking a ride on rookie quarterback roulette.

As far as ghandi's point about losing a Decker or a Ragnow if you pay Goff. You are undoubtedly going to lose at least one in the medium term no matter what. They are closer to the end than the beginning, so the Lions have to probably draft a future replacement in this draft or the next.

Good franchises account for this. What they don't do is let those quarterbacks walk. Notice how dumb the Patriots looked as an organization when they didn't want to pay Brady. When you have a quarterback, you keep the quarterback.

Comment

• I suspect the Lions are going to lose a Decker AND a Ragnow fairly soon-ishly, but that's not going to have anything to do with Goff's contract. Decker's in his 7th season at a position where even the greats start bowing out at about 10. How many more years is Ragnow going to be willing to wake up roughly every day in near crippling pain knowing every morning he goes into the grinder is just going to make it worse?

Comment

• Yep, I think we'll see them here next year, but nothing after that is guaranteed.

Comment

• Always need to keep that OL pipeline full. Need to find those guys in the middle rounds that can develop into starters. Green Bay is the master of this. Hopefully Sorsdal is one of those dudes.

Comment

• People were calling the radio today saying that the Lions should move on from Goff because he has no mobility and he’s not worth the $50+ million (there was talk Jordan Love was about to sign a $50+ million contract).. Valenti was losing it and kept pointing out that Goff had the team 60 minutes away from a Super Bowl appearance.

As good as our offensive line and skill position players are, I think some fans are under the impression it’s a plug and play situation where you put anyone behind center and they’re going to replicate what Goff is doing. Goff took a while to develop the chemistry he has with these guys. You switch QBs now, you set the offense back considerably and probably ruin morale because the guys in the locker room wouldn’t want to make a change right now. And if the new QBS doesn’t work out, you’ve screwed everything up.

Comment

• I think it's been long established that your average Lions' fan has no idea or appreciation of what a good NFL QB is.

Couple that with a barely elementary understanding of how the salary cap works, and you have an anxious group of nitwits wringing their hands that Penei Sewell or St. Brown are going to have to be cut loose in Free Agency because they're paying too much money to Goff.
                  Last edited by chemiclord; January 24, 2024, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post

Goff needs alot of support around him to be effective, especially the OL....We see what happens when things break down quickly, and he doesnt often thrive in that situation.....If he takes 50M per year, then he has to realize that someone like a Ragnow or Decker may have to be let go as a result later.
                    This is pretty much the point I am trying to make.
                    Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Goff, 3 years/ $150M. Final answer.
                      Unless the Lions win the Super Bowl and that number should go up to $160M or more. A long with an expense of building Holmes and/ or Campbell a statue outside of Ford Field.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Last time I saw anything he wanted 5 and they offered 3 and that’s where it ended until after the year

Comment

• Speaking of Jared Goff, this is a few years old, but it is pretty funny

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                            Speaking of Jared Goff, this is a few years old, but it is pretty funny

That was very entertaining.
                            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• That was hilarious
                              "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• I'm in awe!

#birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X