No announcement yet.

Jared Goff’s next contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was just thinking ... would the Lions seem like a better destination for a FA QB or a FA WR? I think it's the former (QB would want to play with Jamo, Amon Ra, Laporta, Gibbs, Montgomery, OL ... more than a WR would want to come play in Detroit).

Don't like having thoughts like this ... I know the record, the success etc ... but I still don't believe in Goff that much. When you don't have that strong of an arm and no mobility ... I just can't. He is smart tho
    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• But hey I'm the same dip that argued for Rodgers over Brady forever so what do I know
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Goff’s next contract will have an illegible scribble for a signature. That Super Bowl ring making the writing awkward.

GO ON, Jared …… take the Leos to the Promised Land. Fk the Rams
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• What FA QB? Any player that could possibly be available will not be better than Goff, and the players that will be available won't be worth whatever savings you may get.

Comment

• He had a strong arm the last two games. The dude is second in the league in passing yards. He has a 67 percent completion percentage, 7th in ypa.

Quarterbacks that become available in free agency don't become available, but they will be expensive. The guys who become available are players like Derek Carr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
              What FA QB? Any player that could possibly be available will not be better than Goff, and the players that will be available won't be worth whatever savings you may get.
              Yep, if you are trying to get savings by replacing Goff, you are taking a ride on the rookie QB roulette.

Comment

• I think Goff has the best completion % in one season in Lions history, which was this year.
                3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
                10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• I also think a lot of what we perceive as great skill players especially amongst the pass catchers is Goff and the offensive line's ability to protect him. That's not to say that St. Brown and LaPorta aren't really good but I think they could get lost in other situations. Goff is getting them the ball in between the numbers. I'm not sure people get how good he is at this. I don't think there is a better quarterback doing this right now.

It's kind of like when Stafford was here and people absurdly criticized him for not making his receivers better. The last half of his career in Detroit, he had Tate, Golloday and Marvin Jones. He was making his receivers better
                  Last edited by froot loops; January 10, 2024, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanders Fan View Post
                    I think Goff has the best completion % in one season in Lions history, which was this year.
                    That's great and all, but I think the playoffs are where he does or doesnt earn that next contract....A stinker agains the Rams and the Lions may take a long look at other options....I think he will have a good game though with it being in Detroit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                      Goff’s next contract will have an illegible scribble for a signature. That Super Bowl ring making the writing awkward.

GO ON, Jared …… take the Leos to the Promised Land. Fk the Rams
                      Dude don’t joke about this. I had a premonition the other day and when i snapped out of it, it wasn’t a totally crazy sequence

This shit is actually attainable. The Lions to the SB could actually happen
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Fuck FA QBs. We have our QB and it’s Goff. And if you go back through the threads before Goff was a Leo, I didn’t like him. Not at all.

The scorned, thrown out Goff that we remade himself and I’ll take him every day of the week right now.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• It's hilarious people still peddle the "Goff has a weak arm" BS. Maybe not Stafford/Mahomes level, but only a notch below. And he's a hellava lot more accurate than most with a big arm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Lagoon58 View Post
                            It's hilarious people still peddle the "Goff has a weak arm" BS. Maybe not Stafford/Mahomes level, but only a notch below. And he's a hellava lot more accurate than most with a big arm.
                            He definitely doesn’t have a plus arm strength nor does he have a good deep ball but he doesn’t need to. His short to intermediate throws are his wheelhouse.

On top of that is he has the right mindset. Even when he throws several shit picks in a row or his WRs or OL are letting him down he can reset. The New Goff can handle that shit which makes him a top 5-7 QB

Pay the man
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Goff was second in deep ball completions (20 +) this year. It falls off in 30+ yards. Interestingly, Purdy leads 20, 30 and 40. This is as of week 16. Goff had two more deep balls Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Dude don’t joke about this. I had a premonition the other day and when i snapped out of it, it wasn’t a totally crazy sequence

This shit is actually attainable. The Lions to the SB could actually happen
                                Just making a joke about that ring, JayKay........, but certainly not joking about the Lions and their chances. Completely filled with excited, blind hope over here.
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X