Jared Goff’s next contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
    Franchising him gives you no ability to manipulate the salary cap. His cap hits for franchise tags would be (conservatively) $38M and $46M. So you’re paying him close to the same he would get anyway, with no control over the impact on the cap.
    We call this the Redskins plan, this plan didn't not work out at all for them. I mean it was terrible for the franchise. They paid in guaranteed money what they would have had to give Cousins on an extension. They never got the benefit of making his cap number smaller by manipulation and they have never replaced him.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      This is what I'm talking about

Trent Williams' cap hit is 12.5 million this year, his contract extension has a 23 million dollar average
      Bakhtiari's extension was a 4 year $92 million contract for a 23 million dollar average. But because of that extension his cap hit was 11 million in 2021 and 13.4 million in 2022. Even this year, it is 21 (below the 23 million).

Sewell isn't up for 2 years, he is going to get paid a ton but they'll make it work and his average per year will be much higher than the cap hit for the first couple years.
      Players accept this because of upfront guaranteed money that's spread out over the term of the cap, which requires the team to have said cash in hand. I wonder if this is the reason they raised ticket prices way above the rate of inflation therefore stiffing the fans?
      Apathetic No More.

Comment

• They’ve held ticket prices down/flat for years. This is a catch-up adjustment to get them inline with the market in most cases. They probably should have spread the impact out over a couple of years in some cases, but strike while the iron is hot, I guess.

Comment

• They make more than enough money from the TV contracts to deal with any of the player contracts. The raising of the ticket prices was just clumsily handled, they held the line for 5 years because the team sucked and they got a tremendous amount of pushback in 2017 when they raised them. They probably should have staggered the price hikes better.

The Lions one time did have a cash crunch but that was back during Millen when the Ford Field payments were large.

Comment

• Maybe they need some extra cash to keep Ben Johnson around. 😕
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

We call this the Redskins plan, this plan didn't not work out at all for them. I mean it was terrible for the franchise. They paid in guaranteed money what they would have had to give Cousins on an extension. They never got the benefit of making his cap number smaller by manipulation and they have never replaced him.
              Yep. The Redskins are still looking for a QB
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I'll throw in a buck fiddy if they lose the effin WCF on the sleeve.

Two fiddy if they replace it with SOL.
                Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Mainevent;n1885743]They’ve held ticket prices down/flat for years. This is a catch-up adjustment to get them inline with the market in most cases./QUOTE]

speaking of ticket prices I checked out secondary market for lions playoff tickets....oh boy that have a catch up adjustment there

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                    Maybe they need some extra cash to keep Ben Johnson around. 😕
                    I wish that would do it but it’s time for Ben Johnson to move on. I can’t keep acting like his initials aren’t BJ.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

I wish that would do it but it’s time for Ben Johnson to move on. I can’t keep acting like his initials aren’t BJ.
                      Time for him to go make his millions...we would all do the same...strike while the fire is hot, it cools off quick in the NFL

Comment

• #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Jeezo Jared……. Don’t get emotional dude. Nearly kicked me of there! 🤦‍♂️
                          Goffy-Boy, the Greatest Great to ever be……. err……. Well, Great I Guess……. You ARE the man! Well done saaaaan! 💙👌🏆
                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                            Stafford

for

Goff
                            Melifonwu
                            Jameson Williams (had to trade up)
                            Gibbs (traded down)
                            LaPorta (with traded down pick)

fantastic for both sides
                            Last edited by jaadam4; December 25, 2023, 04:18 PM.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• [QUOTE=jaadam4;n1886670]

Stafford

for

Goff
                              Melifonwu
                              Gibbs (traded down)

AWESOME!!!!!!!
                              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Stafford

for

Goff
                                Melifonwu
                                Gibbs (traded down)

fantastic for both sides
                                I dont think any of us thought we would have the 6th pick with the Rams after they just won the super bowl the year prior......and to turn that into Gibbs AND LaPorta was just incredible.

Comment

Working...
                                X