No announcement yet.

Jared Goff’s next contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, Goff was hurt too, his throwing hand was shot.

Comment

• McVay thinking John Wolford was a better quarterback than Goff is up there with Mooch thinking McMahon was better than Harrington or Marty thinking Detmer was better than Batch.

McVay won a ring with My Rams, but I felt Stafford pulled his ass out of the fire during those playoffs.

Comment

• "Mooch thinking McMahon was better than Harrington..."

To be fair, Mooch wasn't exactly the only person who considered this.

Comment

• Nah guys, it was all about Jon Kitna.
          "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
          Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• I remember Mike McMahon best for losing his paycheck from the Lions at a Farmer Jack.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
              "Mooch thinking McMahon was better than Harrington..."

To be fair, Mooch wasn't exactly the only person who considered this.
              This is true and it symbolized how clueless that crew was, for all the bad you got of Harrington, he was a far better quarterback than McMahon.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

This is true and it symbolized how clueless that crew was, for all the bad you got of Harrington, he was a far better quarterback than McMahon.
                FFS y'all remind me of that little green alien guy Kif from Futurama. He hated his boss, and when he finally gets away from his boss, all he can talk about is his boss.

Guys, news flash, those days of 3-13 are over.

Shit now you got me thinking about SOL. Like the time we get a TD, recover an onside kick, and make a Hail Mary to a guy that makes Antonio Brown look like Mr Rogers, basically two TDs in like 5 seconds and go to OT, only to lose to some guy who retired before the age of 25 because Rollover snapped the ball on a friggen dummy count. Thanks guys I needed that.
                "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                  At the end Goff only got into the game because starter and backup were injured. McVay had to hold his nose and put him in playoff game if I remember.

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  McVay thinking John Wolford was a better quarterback than Goff is up there with Mooch thinking McMahon was better than Harrington or Marty thinking Detmer was better than Batch.

McVay won a ring with My Rams, but I felt Stafford pulled his ass out of the fire during those playoffs.
                  Man, reputations are a bitch when you get on the wrong side of them.

i looked up the Rams 2020 season and it’s crazy that he got bum rushed out of town instead of becoming a local hero. He went 9-5 as a starter going into week 16. In the third quarter he breaks and dislocates him thumb, pops it back in himself and finishes out the game which was a loss. Gets surgery the next day, Wolford comes in for the final game of the season, wins and starts the playoff game. Wolford goes down in the first quarter and Goff comes in 12 days removed from surgery on his throwing hand and wins the game. How does that not go down in history like the Stanford dislocated shoulder game?

Oh, and also I can’t find reference to a third QB getting any snaps that season
                  Last edited by mason reese; October 18, 2023, 10:17 AM.
                  "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Next reference to SOL gets one of these. You have been warned.

Jeff Backass.jpg
                    Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by mason reese View Post

Man, reputations are a bitch when you get on the wrong side of them.

i looked up the Rams 2020 season and it’s crazy that he got bum rushed out of town instead of becoming a local hero. He went 9-5 as a starter going into week 16. In the third quarter he breaks and dislocates him thumb, pops it back in himself and finishes out the game which was a loss. Gets surgery the next day, Wolford comes in for the final game of the season, wins and starts the playoff game. Wolford goes down in the first quarter and Goff comes in 12 days removed from surgery on his throwing hand and wins the game. How does that not go down in history like the Stanford dislocated shoulder game?

Oh, and also I can’t find reference to a third QB getting any snaps that season

Case Keenum and 2015 third-round pick Sean Mannion

Just months after the Rams traded three picks to select him No. 1 overall, Jared Goff will open the season at the bottom of the team's quarterback depth chart.When the Los Angeles Rams take to the field to begin their first season as California residents in 22 years, they will not be led by t...

McVay phased out the play action which was what Goff thrives at. He’s one of the best in the business at selling the play action.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Case Keenum and 2015 third-round pick Sean Mannion

Just months after the Rams traded three picks to select him No. 1 overall, Jared Goff will open the season at the bottom of the team's quarterback depth chart.When the Los Angeles Rams take to the field to begin their first season as California residents in 22 years, they will not be led by t...

McVay phased out the play action which was what Goff thrives at. He’s one of the best in the business at selling the play action.
                        That was his rookie season starting out third on the depth chart with Jeff Fisher as the head coach. I was told that he was benched under McVay who only put him in after 2 qbs in front of him got hurt. There was no third QB in 2020, and sitting after braking your thumb is not the same as getting benched. Guy won a playoff game after missing less than 5 quarters of football.
                        Last edited by mason reese; October 18, 2023, 11:45 AM.
                        "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Bortles and Wolford
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                            Bortles and Wolford
                            Bortles was on the roster, but as far as I can tell never took a snap. Goff came in as soon as Wolford got hurt

Comment

• He wasn't 3rd string, it's an old wise tale brought up here constantly for some strange reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Lagoon58 View Post
                                He wasn't 3rd string, it's an old wise tale brought up here constantly for some strange reason.
                                that’s what I’m trying to get at. There seems to be a pretty wide gap between his reputation with the Rams and his actual production. I’ve seen Jets QBs get more respect. I’m just curious why that is

Comment

Working...
                                X