IF DAN CAMPBELL STARTED A CULT I WOULD JOIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Axe View Post
    Does he just come up with stuff like this? Its like there is a Hollywood film review script writer stuck in his head.

“We’re gonna bite their kneecaps. If we fall off, we’ll just climb back on. And if they hunt us, we’ll be on the porch when they open the door!”

Who the fk talks like that?

BUT……. Its working…… long may he speak like a movie narrator 👌👏👏👏👏
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

From that clip......, noticed number 70, Dan Skipper. Googled......., 6'10" ? JaysusH. That is one tall dude.

(Disclaimer: Realise there are taller dudes, but basketball sucks)
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

It really is amazing. When Goff started with the Lions I said he looked like a deer in headlights. Then about halfway though the first season it started to click for him. Went through some adversity. Now here we are two years later and he’s the boss.
          3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
          10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

just might turn out to be the greatest Lions trade in history.
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by edindetroit View Post
              just might turn out to be the greatest Lions trade in history.
              Rams history too
              "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
              Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

Originally posted by Sanders Fan View Post
                It really is amazing. When Goff started with the Lions I said he looked like a deer in headlights. Then about halfway though the first season it started to click for him. Went through some adversity. Now here we are two years later and he’s the boss.
                I was saying at the time we got him he was at the same age Stafford was when Caldwell came around and Stafford's game improved. No reason the same couldn't happen for Goff. I definitely got some backlash for that opinion but I'm just glad he has done very well for Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post

I was saying at the time we got him he was at the same age Stafford was when Caldwell came around and Stafford's game improved. No reason the same couldn't happen for Goff. I definitely got some backlash for that opinion but I'm just glad he has done very well for Detroit.
                  Yeah Stafford started hot with the 5000 yards in the first full season, then struggled a little while after teams adjusted to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

Does he just come up with stuff like this? Its like there is a Hollywood film review script writer stuck in his head.

“We’re gonna bite their kneecaps. If we fall off, we’ll just climb back on. And if they hunt us, we’ll be on the porch when they open the door!”

Who the fk talks like that?

BUT……. Its working…… long may he speak like a movie narrator 👌👏👏👏👏
                    I think his three famous speeches/quotes are somewhat scripted as a theme for his team each year. That he came up with them when he was in the shower or whatever doesn't take away from why he says them or that he fundamentally believes in them, IMO. I don't think he writes them down word for word, but knows roughly what he wants to say.

When I coached, I'd have that shower thought about my team. I would rehearse in my head what I want to say, but the moment is when it all came together. It's genuine for that moment.

Comment

Originally posted by El Axe View Post

I think his three famous speeches/quotes are somewhat scripted as a theme for his team each year. That he came up with them when he was in the shower or whatever doesn't take away from why he says them or that he fundamentally believes in them, IMO. I don't think he writes them down word for word, but knows roughly what he wants to say.

When I coached, I'd have that shower thought about my team. I would rehearse in my head what I want to say, but the moment is when it all came together. It's genuine for that moment.
                      The 2022 Detroit Lions

are the team that can and will.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanders Fan View Post
                        That moment usually happens around the fifth or sixth year for a QB, where the brain catches up to the speed of the game, and it all comes together. The issue is that moment doesn't always happen. Not every QB is able to take that next step. I would not have put money on Goff "getting it," but even when I was lowest on him I acknowledged if it did, he had all the tools necessary to be elite.

And damn has he taken that step. He's playing like an MVP right now.

Comment

I worked with a high school football team for about 20 years and the head coach was a big time speech giver. He had about some speeches that you had heard before. But to the kids it was new.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post

Yeah Stafford started hot with the 5000 yards in the first full season, then struggled a little while after teams adjusted to him.
                            Yes, but he was the suckiest suck to ever suck.
                            Goff is THE MAN!

Comment

I’m already starting to see Dan Campbell mentioned as a Texas A&M wishlist candidate​​​​​​. You stay away from our HC!!

I won’t say it’s not going to happen because there’s some logical reasons. Such as Campbell being a Texas A&M alum... Possible lifestyle changes reasons (moving from Michigan to Texas).. Texas A&M has the money to offer the richest head coaching contract of all time … You can look at examples of NFL coaches jumping to college football for $$$. Nick Saban.

But yeah, don’t you dare try to go after Campbell, Texas A&M. Campbell is an awesome NFL head coach. No need to interrupt that.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Saban wasn’t successful in the NFL. Not sure if any successful winning coach went from NFL to college.
                                I don’t see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X