Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Al.

I was figuring his death would have deserved it's own thread and thought Deke would have started it like this....

OT: Skeletor meets the Grim Reaper: Al Davis dead at 82

Comment

• Just Win Baby.... The whole damn world is really gonna miss the great Al Davis. I guess people have questioned his judgement a lot but you know what, it was his money and he won 3 Super Bowls. God Speed Al Davis.

BTW if I wasn't a Detroit die hard all sports, I'd totally be a Raiders fan. Because of this guy. The Legendary Al Davis. RIP
      Go Slippery Rock!

Comment

• I would not go so far as to call him great but, he was influential in the game of football.

Interesting to find out who becomes the face of the franchise.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• His Son???
          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Draft day just became less interesting......you could always count on Davis to do something unpredictable

Comment

• Good riddance to the old AD.
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Last American Who Knew What The Fuck He Was Doing Dies
                OCTOBER 6, 2011 | ISSUE 47•40

CUPERTINO, CA—Steve Jobs, the visionary co-founder of Apple Computers and the only American in the country who had any clue what the fuck he was doing, died Wednesday at the age of 56. "We haven't just lost a great innovator, leader, and businessman, we've literally lost the only person in this country who actually had his shit together and knew what the hell was going on," a statement from President Barack Obama read in part, adding that Jobs will be remembered both for the life-changing products he created and for the fact that he was able to sit down, think clearly, and execute his ideas—attributes he shared with no other U.S. citizen. "This is a dark time for our country, because the reality is none of the 300 million or so Americans who remain can actually get anything done or make things happen. Those days are over." Obama added that if anyone could fill the void left by Jobs it would probably be himself, but said that at this point he honestly doesn’t have the slightest notion what he’s doing anymore.
                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• NASHVILLE, Tenn. ? A Charlie Daniels Band member and a co-writer of ?The Devil Went Down to Georgia? has been killed in a car crash in Tennessee.

A news release from the band says Joel ?Taz? DiGregorio died Wednesday night in a crash on Interstate 40 west of Nashville. He was on his way to meet the band?s tour bus. DiGregorio?s car was the only one involved in the crash.

The 67-year-old DiGregorio is a longtime keyboard player and vocalist for the group. Daniels called him ?one of a kind? in the band?s news release.

DiGregorio was band member for over 40 years. He was from Southbridge, Mass.

The Charlie Daniels Band has canceled a concert Thursday in Cumming, Ga., and a show in Waterbury, Conn., on Saturday.
                  Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Wow. Over 40 years in the band. RIP
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• RIP Taz.

GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Al Davis is/was a little like JoPa. Legendary but maybe should've left the game 5 years ago.

Comment

• Dan Wheldon (2 time indy 500 winner) died in bad crash today.

Horrific crash. Feel free to skip it.

Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Wow, that sucks.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• you're not going to go upside down, cockpit first into catch fencing and come out good.
                              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• WoW. RIP Dan.
                                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X