No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first CD player was a single tray that cost $500 and I got 5 cd's for free. The CDs were $20 a pop for a single disc
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
      RIP

even though I was never a fan of hair band Warrant.
      Never a fan of the "w" bands....warrant, Wham, Winger, White snake, White lion, Weezer, W.A.S.P.......

The Who is good

Comment

• War and Warren Zevon weren't bad
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• RIP Jani

He hated the Cherry Pie song (as did many). Watch the famous interview.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR1xpknCHCQ"]Jani Lane writes 'Cherry Pie' - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• But he didn't mind cashing the checks

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
              Never a fan of the "w" bands....warrant, Wham, Winger, White snake, White lion, Weezer, W.A.S.P.......

The Who is good
              "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• National Hockey League veteran Rick Rypien was found dead at his rural Alberta home Monday.

Canadian hockey player Rypien dies at 27

By the CNN Wire Staff
                August 16, 2011 5:01 a.m. EDT

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
                • The 27-year-old forward was found dead at his Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, home
                • Rypien played his entire career at Vancouver before signing with Winnipeg
                • In minor league hockey, he played for Manitoba and Regina

(CNN) -- National Hockey League veteran Rick Rypien was found dead at his rural Alberta home Monday.
                "We are deeply saddened to confirm Rick's passing," said a statement released by the Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club. "His hunger for the game made him a valued team member both on and off the ice. This loss has impacted us as more than just a hockey team."
                The 27-year-old forward was found dead at his Crowsnest Pass home, Royal Canadian Mounted Police officials told the Toronto Globe and Mail. His cause of death did not appear to be suspicious.
                Rypien, who had spent his entire six-season NHL career with the Vancouver Canucks, signed a one-year contract with the Jets last month, the team said.
                "Rick has been a beloved member of the Canucks family for the past six years," Vancouver said in a statement. "Rick was a great teammate and friend to our players, coaches and staff."
                Rypien also played for the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League and the the Western Hockey League's Regina Pats during his professional career.

Comment

• Not a new death post here but a death that I will always remember because of all the hoopla made about it.

34 years ago today, ELVIS "THE KING" PRESLEY was found dead.

This one stuck with me because my very own 10th b-day was the next day and his death hype was all anyone talked about. Dudes still stealing headlines.
                  19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• aww crap

Comment

• Wonder if Rypien did PEDs to try and keep up with the big boys??

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                        Not a new death post here but a death that I will always remember because of all the hoopla made about it.

34 years ago today, ELVIS "THE KING" PRESLEY was found dead.

This one stuck with me because my very own 10th b-day was the next day and his death hype was all anyone talked about. Dudes still stealing headlines.

Mike Carano tweet:

In honor of the great Elvis Aaron Presley, I will not be going to the bathroom today.
                        Touching.

Also, I know he misspelled Aron. Get off me.

Comment

• Last Updated: August 22. 2011 7:02AM
                          Wing walker falls to his death at Selfridge air show

Michigan native tried to grab helicopter in Selfridge accident

Calvin Men/ The Detroit News

Harrison Township? A wing walker from Ann Arbor and son of a legendary aerial stuntman plunged 200 feet and died at the Selfridge Air National Guard Base air show Sunday afternoon.
                          Todd Green was attempting an airplane-to-helicopter transfer stunt when he fell about 1:30 p.m., Selfridge officials said. He was taken to Mount Clemens Regional Hospital, where he was declared dead, said hospital spokeswoman Diane Kisch.
                          Green, son of Eddie "The Grip" Green, who is in the aerial hall of fame, was attempting to stand on the wing of a Stearman biplane and grab onto the skid, or leg, of a helicopter flying above the plane, Selfridge officials said. Witnesses and officials confirmed he tried twice to grab onto the helicopter skid before he fell on this third attempt.
                          Green had successfully performed the feat Saturday after five attempts, officials said.
                          "I thought it was part of the stunt," said Jeremy Mitchell, 35, of New Baltimore, a spectator who saw Green fall. "Even when the announcer said it wasn't a part of the show, it still felt surreal. It wasn't until the ambulance came that it set in."
                          Macomb County Executive Mark Hackel was at the air show when the accident happened but didn't see it and didn't hear the crowd scream. But he saw the crowd's reaction after.
                          "It was very somber," he said. "It's a pretty sad situation."
                          The airplane-to-helicopter transfer stunt is a technical feat that requires experience and skill, said Kyle Franklin, a fellow aerial stuntman and friend of Green's. According to Franklin, Green was one of few people who could perform the maneuver.
                          "Todd was extremely good at what he did and logged many hours doing stunts," Franklin said. "He was one of the best in the business when it came down to doing that. He's very proud of his legacy and his family's legacy."
                          His wife declined to comment about the accident when reached Sunday evening.
                          Before the stunt, an air show announcer said high winds would make the performance difficult, spectators said. National Weather Service officials said winds in the area were blowing west about 15 mph. The weather service said 15 mph winds aren't considered high; Franklin wouldn't comment on the wind speed, saying he would await any evidence that wind played a role in the accident.
                          Selfridge officials would not comment about what caused Green's death. They said the accident is under investigation.
                          It was the third air show death over the weekend. At the Bournemouth Air Festival in England, a pilot died Saturday when his jet crashed into the ground during an aerobatics show. In Kansas City, Mo., a stunt pilot died Saturday at Wheeler Downtown Airport after he failed to pull out of a dive and his small plane hit the ground in a fiery crash.
                          It's uncommon to see so many air show accidents happen at one time, said Franklin, who has worked with Green.
                          "Typically, air show accidents are not as common as you would think. We're professionally trained and we know what we're doing," Franklin said.
                          "For the outside person looking in, we get those comments a lot that you guys are nuts or crazy. But everybody has their different things; some people jump out of airplanes, some people walk on them and some people like going 200 mph."
                          Franklin, 31, has known Green since he was a child and said Green's inspiration likely came from his father, who is in the International Council of Air Shows Foundation Hall of Fame.
                          Green had more than 25 years of aerial acrobatics experience, according to his website, stuntworksairshows.com. A Michigan native, he lived with his wife, Dawn; his son Tyler; and her son Derrick.
                          In his spare time, Green enjoyed playing Texas hold'em poker with his family, snowmobiling and riding his motorcycle, the website said.
                          According to the International Council of Air Shows, an organization that monitors air show accidents in North America, Green's death marks the fourth air show death in North America in 2011, including Saturday's crash in Kansas City. Since 2002, there have been 26 air show deaths, said ICAS President John Cudahy.
                          In the past 18 years, Selfridge Air National Guard Base has had three major crashes, none of which involved air show accidents.
                          In April 1993, an F-16 returned to Selfridge 15 seconds after takeoff because of engine problems.
                          The pilot ejected before the plane crashed. The pilot was injured and the plane was lost.
                          A privately owned T-33 crashed in June 1994 at Selfridge while performing during an air show.
                          The pilot was killed.
                          A civilian pilot died when his helicopter crashed at Selfridge in July 2004.
                          The Federal Aviation Administration, which governs airspace and tracks aviation related accidents, could not provide crash statistics Sunday.
                          U.S. Rep. Candice Miller, R-Harrison Township, who was in the air show crowd when Green fell, said she didn't register the fall at first.
                          "It takes a moment to get your mind around what just happened," she said. "I know he was a big part of this show, a lot of people came just to see him."

Maybe I should have gone to the University of Phoenix after all!

Comment

• Holy shit! Too bad for that guy, but there is some comedy gold in that article

"I thought it was part of the stunt," said Jeremy Mitchell, 35, of New Baltimore, a spectator who saw Green fall.
                            Selfridge officials would not comment about what caused Green's death.
                            Ha!

Green was one of few people who could perform the maneuver.
                            Then again, maybe not...
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Do not miss the next showing of World's Dumbest Daredevils 14 on truTV

"At least he died doing what he loved."-Cliche' machine 2011
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I was going to say something on that 3rd one CGVT, but thought I'd get ma nuts chewed for it.

Pretty horrific though.
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X