No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've thought about this a couple of days before posting on this thread. I am sick to death of the glorifying of people who choose to destroy themselves- no matter how talented. Why don't you have a thread bemoaning the loss of those equally (or more) talented who were lost to accident?.....Buddy Holly, Jim Croce,....and the list goes on. I am a high school teacher, and I deal with kids every day who have far worse problems than fame and more money than they can ever spend. At my high school we have lost kids to war, car accident, drugs, and yes, suicide. To Hell with the CD's, the money, the talent, and all the crap that goes with it. Tell me how I can look into the eyes of a fifteen year old kid with one alcoholic parent, no money, and no hope and tell them that this is somehow cool.

Comment

• I don't see too much glorifying. A lot of head shaking, but no glorifying...
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Mm-m-m-my Generation grew up with more overt messages of doom

I hope I die before I get old

It's better to burn out, than to fade away,

Don't You Know you are a shooting star...

\What a drag it is getting old...

Whether you're a brother or whether you're a mother
        You're stayin' alive, stayin' alive

(The last one was particularly depressing)
        Between Vietnam, Watergate, the Russians, and eventually Reagan we didn't think there was much of a chance of us growing old
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I see a lot of glorifying......., all her albums are now in the iTunes top ten? No one gave a shit this time last week.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• That's not glorifying, that's common when any artist passes. There's an uptick in people that remember them and consequently buy their music.
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I've heard more Amy Winehouse on BBC radio the past 3 days than I've ever heard in her 27 years of life, and she's been dead 3 days. It's just a bit OTT, really is.
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• I am actually glad I don't have to be on guard every second to shield my young dauther from that freaky chick showing up on our TV set anymore.

As for her music, never heard a complete song, will never seek out a full song.
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                  I am actually glad I don't have to be on guard every second to shield my young dauther from that freaky chick showing up on our TV set anymore.

As for her music, never heard a complete song, will never seek out a full song.
                  As far as musically, she was actually quite good before becoming doped out of her mind all the time. She had a retro sound that was refreshing compared to the no talent voice synth pop acts of today.
                  Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I see a lot of glorifying......., all her albums are now in the iTunes top ten? No one gave a shit this time last week.
                    It's the "Little Eddie Mitty Syndrome" ( A Phantom of the Paradise Reference....wonder if ANYONE on this forum saw that movie).
                    AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• Originally posted by WisconsinMike View Post
                      I've thought about this a couple of days before posting on this thread. I am sick to death of the glorifying of people who choose to destroy themselves- no matter how talented. Why don't you have a thread bemoaning the loss of those equally (or more) talented who were lost to accident?.....Buddy Holly, Jim Croce,....and the list goes on. I am a high school teacher, and I deal with kids every day who have far worse problems than fame and more money than they can ever spend. At my high school we have lost kids to war, car accident, drugs, and yes, suicide. To Hell with the CD's, the money, the talent, and all the crap that goes with it. Tell me how I can look into the eyes of a fifteen year old kid with one alcoholic parent, no money, and no hope and tell them that this is somehow cool.
                      When friend after friend posted on Facebook yesterday how "shocked" they were, I shook my head. Stevie Wonder saw this coming.

It *is* freaky how many talented artists die at age 27, for WHATEVER reason.

And I do consider her talented. And while I have bought Duffy's and Adele's CD's, I never bought hers and didn't really get motivated to do so until she died. I liked her music a lot when I heard it but never thought I'd like the deep cuts on her albums. I'd like to hear those now.

I don't think it's for glorification purposes but rather a desire to appreciate her talent.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I don't think it's a good idea that the media focus on this "27 club"......., they are probably making it sound cool to sone feckin dunderheeds and there will be a 27 year old suicide increase.

Comment

• As long as they do it before they reproduce, what's the rub? It improves the gene pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                            The press doesn't want to turn the tide on their liberal (labour) leanings.

The mass murderer was trying to get his message out that he (and a growing group) doesn't like multi-culturism in Europe.
                            Really? Cause I would think a mass murderer taking the opposite side of an argument would just the kind of thing the press would run with.
                            "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• My feeling is they don't want any part of giving the cons. over there any traction to a growing ideology.

There is plenty of news on the subject all over the place so its getting coverage anyway.
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Besides Fox?

Comment

Working...
                                X