No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well...at least she didn't have pets that um survived on their owner for that period of time....
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Grace and humility defined the great slugger Harmon Killebrew

Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I met him in a bar where I used to hang out in Mentor Ohio back sometime in the late 80's. The guy that owned the bar played some minor league ball and had some baseball connections and had a reunion of some sort going on. When I went in and sat at the bar the owner introduced us. A thing that struck me was for such a great HR hitter he wasn't very big. I guess everyone is larger than life on TV. I Had a beer with him and talked a little baseball. He was modest and humble and seem to actually enjoy talking to me a couple my Coast Guard buddies.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Being a Minnesota boy it is sad to see Mr. Killebrew pass. RIP Harmon.
          AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
          2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
          3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
          4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
          5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
          6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
          7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• RIP Harmon.

Good story GC.

Comment

• RIP Harmon. You were the epitome of class.

GO LIONS "11" !
              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• When Al Kaline, angry after a strikeout, slammed a bat into the rack during the 1967 pennant race and broke his hand, he got a telegram the next day reading, "Nice going, stupid." It was signed by Harmon Killebrew and Bob Allison. Kaline stuck the telegram on his locker.
                I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Randy "Macho Man" Savage died in a car accident this morning:

Macho Man Randy Savage -- one of the most famous wrestlers of all-time -- died today in a car accident in Tampa, Florida ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ spoke with Randy's brother, Lanny Poffo, who tells us the wrestling legend suffered a heart attack while he was behind the wheel around 10 AM ... and lost control of his vehicle.

Earlier this month, Savage celebrated his 1-year anniversary with his new wife Lynn.

Savage was 58.

Macho Man began wrestling in the WWF in 1985 and became a superstar with his trademark catchphrase "Ooooooh Yeaahhhhh."

Comment

• Awww, sorry to hear that.
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Oh man... that's awful.
                      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• 'Taxi' and 'Babylon 5' Star Jeff Conaway 'Critical' After Possible Overdose

by PopEater Staff, posted May 19th 2011 4:35AM

Actor Jeff Conaway, who first made his name in the movie 'Grease,' is reportedly in critical condition in hospital, after a possible overdose of painkillers.

Conaway's substance abuse problems and shambolic life was made painfully public during a 2008 stint on 'Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew.'

His manager, Phil Brock, says the 60-year old was found unconscious on May 11, and was admitted to Encino Hospital Medical Center, Calif. He is said to be in critical condition, with his chances of recovery uncertain.

"He is in a coma and unresponsive at this time," Brock told E! Online. "He turned his head two days ago, but nothing since."

Conaway rocketed to fame in 1978 with a starring role in 'Grease' and in the same year began his three-year run on the hit TV series, 'Taxi.' Roles dried up in the 1980s, however, as his substance abuse problem worsened, but he later found steady work on the sci-fi hit, 'Babylon 5.'

In 2008 a wiry and broken Conaway joined the cast of VH1's 'Celebrity Rehab' in an attempt to address his long-time addiction to drugs and alcohol. It did not work and last year he injured himself in a bad fall while under the influence of methadone and OxyContin.
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Dude shoulda been dead years ago.
                          It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• I watched a bit of celeb rehab that season....that guy was a train wreck

Comment

• Not to be picky, well maybe it is, but is the mode of death car accident or heart attack?

Comment

• Yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X