No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm ashamed to say I didn't know who he was until this past September while in Michigan. A friend was playing one of his CDs.
    ------------
    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
      He played the florist that the bank robbing crews worked for.
      That is about the only way you can make a living in the flower business.;-)
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• He was also on the bill at the Marillion festival back in 86'. I was at this but sadly i didnt see his set, was in a beer tent somewhere with some mates. We were only there for Tull and Marillion. Ignorant I know, but we were all about 18 years old at the time!
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Betty Garrett of 'Laverne & Shirley,' 'All in the Family' Fame Dies at 91
          posted Feb 14th 2011 11:00AM

Veteran sitcom actress Betty Garrett, who co-starred in 'Laverne & Shirley' and 'All in the Family,' has passed away at age 91, according to E! Online. She died Saturday at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center due to an aortic aneurysm.

Garrett worked alongside many classic Hollywood stars, like Frank Sinatra and Gene Kelly in 'On the Town.' Garrett is also remembered for her role in 'Take Me Out to the Ball Game.'

Among other films, Garrett starred in 'Neptune's Daughter,' where she and Red Skelton performed a version of the classic duet 'Baby, It's Cold Outside.'

Throughout her years in Hollywood, Garrett had the opportunity to work with esteemed actors and producers such as Orson Wells, Ethel Merman, Carol Channing, Joseph Cotton and Jerome Robbins, according to New York Daily News.

The actress was blacklisted in Hollywood in 1951 after her husband, Larry Parks, testified about his Communist party activity. She made one last movie, 1955's 'My Sister Eileen,' before moving primarily onto television and theater.

Most recently, Garrett could be seen in various one-woman shows and teaching acting at Theatre West, a nonprofit theater company she co-founded in North Hollywood. She also landed small roles on 'Boston Public' and 'Grey's Anatomy' in recent years.

Garrett is survived by her sons Garrett Parks and Andrew Parks.
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• RIP Betty.

GO LIONS "11" !
            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• WorldCrossing.com is officially dead as of April, 15th 2011!

Deb, if you are looking for new traffic...you could add a Tigers link in the General Discussion area????????

Comment

• We used to have one and it was seldom used.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• That said, I am happy to try again, if the mods from WC wish to pursue it.
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Sir George Shearing, the blind pianist who penned the jazz standard "Lullaby of Birdland," died Monday in Manhattan of congestive heart failure at the age of 91. He had a string of hits as a solo artist and with his quintet.
                    I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Ex-NFL safety Duerson found dead; police await cause ruling
                      • Associated Press
                      • Published: Feb. 18, 2011 at 01:43 p.m.
                      • Updated: Feb. 18, 2011 at 02:26 p.m.
                      CHICAGO -- Dave Duerson, a four-time Pro Bowl safety who played on Super Bowl winners with the Chicago Bears and New York Giants, has died. He was 50.

The Bears released a statement Friday saying they are "stunned and saddened" by the news.

A native of Muncie, Indiana, and an All-American at Notre Dame, Duerson was a third-round draft pick by the Bears in 1983 and became a key figure on one of the greatest defenses ever assembled.
                      Miami-Dade Police Detective Robert Williams said the body of a Dave Duerson was found Thursday in Sunny Isles Beach, Fla. Computer records show that the Duerson who lived at the address was born the same month and year as the player.

Investigators haven't determined the cause of death. Williams said detectives are awaiting the medical examiner's report.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
                      AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                      2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                      3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                      4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                      5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                      6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                      7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Charlie Sheen can't be long for this world, given his current state. Wow @ him. He looks terrible and seems delusional about his situation. Hope he can figure it out.
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I have a friend in CA who works in the industry - there's definitely some media spin going on. Apparently Sheen has made CBS a whole lot of money and this is definitely a pissing match.

Sheen does seem in quite a bit of denial however - who knows what combinations of drugs he's binging on. The human body can only take so much.

I feel kind of bad for Denise Richards and his kids

And what really kind of perplexes me is how the authorities seem to look the other way - but guess celebrities aren't really held fully accountable to the law like you and me.
                          Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• He is getting paid 2 million an Episode, wants 3. 2 Is more then any one has been paid per episode on TV. Sienfeld came close but turned down the offered and ended the series.

So knowing that, they have probably made Billions off of his 30 minute show. So the question is does CBS think that they can replace him, or cancel there most successful show, over a what is a measly 24 million and an apology.

That said he is bat shit crazy and I expect to hear of his hooker waking up in a pool of his vomit in a hotel room and finding him dead.

Comment

• I heard CBS is bringing John Stamos to the show now
                              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Yea, because Stamos is known for saving shows......like ER.
                                AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                                2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                                3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                                4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                                5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                                6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                                7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

Working...
                                X