No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I woke up in the morning to Howard Stern crying. He was at WWWW (W4) in Detroit at the time.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Aretha Franklin, Queen of Soul, stricken with cancer

Susan Whitall / The Detroit News

Friends and fans of Aretha Franklin offered prayers and good wishes after learning that the Queen of Soul, one of Detroit's beloved musical artists, is suffering from pancreatic cancer.

Sources familiar with the singer's ailment told The Detroit News today that she was diagnosed with the often lethal form of cancer. Experts, however, say it can be beaten if detected early enough.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101208/...#ixzz17ZbBiMBX
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Oh, man. That sucks.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by romster View Post
          The impact of John Lennon's death didn't hit me until I was about 20 and fell in love with the Beatles. Brilliant musician and all around interesting human.

I love your signature line kayrone girl.
          ditto. Did you see the Vanity Fair "interview" with a 70 year old Lennon? Interesting to think about how he would have evolved had he survived.

Thanks! I added that after reading a few threads in the politics forum - sheesh! And I love you, Rommy girl. ;) Missing you around these parts lately!
          "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• I've always loved Lennon's #9 Dream. Great Song. Ah Bowakowa Posse posse.
            ------------
            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
              Aretha Franklin, Queen of Soul, stricken with cancer

Friends and fans of Aretha Franklin offered prayers and good wishes after learning that the Queen of Soul, one of Detroit's beloved musical artists, is suffering from pancreatic cancer.

Sources familiar with the singer's ailment told The Detroit News today that she was diagnosed with the often lethal form of cancer. Experts, however, say it can be beaten if detected early enough.

What a tragedy. Aretha is the true queen of soul.
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
                ditto. Did you see the Vanity Fair "interview" with a 70 year old Lennon? Interesting to think about how he would have evolved had he survived.

Thanks! I added that after reading a few threads in the politics forum - sheesh! And I love you, Rommy girl. ;) Missing you around these parts lately!
                <smooch>

I didn't see the Vanity Fair piece. It IS interesting to think about how he would have evolved.
                "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                  Aretha Franklin, Queen of Soul, stricken with cancer

Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                  What a tragedy. Aretha is the true queen of soul.
                  Today's news reports that it is pancreatic cancer. She had surgery on it last week and is doing so well she is expected to be released from the hospital this weekend.

A Dr. that was interviewed said the type of surgery she had to combat the cancer has a success rate of about 25% for a 5 year expectancy.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Pancreatic Cancer is a death sentence, it really is terrifying to think about it!!!
                    AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Cunningham View Post
                      Pancreatic Cancer is a death sentence, it really is terrifying to think about it!!!
                      Whats worse then knowing your going to die then to have so little time to absorb it. Its not out of the ordinary for people to not see the signs until weeks before they die.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Cunningham View Post
                        Pancreatic Cancer is a death sentence, it really is terrifying to think about it!!!
                        It is the most serious, if not THE, serious of all the cancers. As Patrick Swayze died from it, along with Michael Landon did!:(
                        Memorial Day 2018!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          I was driving to a friends house for a Monday night football party when I heard it over the radio. I will never forget how I felt when I heard the news...

I'll never forget the feeling when I first saw the smoke signals that Marco Polo died.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
                            Kinnison was always one of my favorites.

Add Richard Pryor too
                            Agree Pryor was great, but This clip shows just how talented Carlin was.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5YCQePkVfM"]YouTube - George Carlin Cherry Pie[/ame]
                            Last edited by The Cat; December 11, 2010, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                              I'll never forget the feeling when I first saw the smoke signals that Marco Polo died.
                              Ha!
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                                Agree Pryor was great, but This clip shows just how talented Carlin was.

YouTube - George Carlin Cherry Pie

Here's another example of Carlins wizardry

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTyUgUM90Zc"]YouTube - Why oh Why Special Episode - George Carlin[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X