Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Five!

(It was never too soon.)
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• One of the pioneers of TV shows for children has passed.

Soupy Sales put channel 7 in Detroit on the map and later became a nationally syndicated show.

He is best known for the Soupy Sales shuffle and the ability to take a pie in the face.

One of the darker moments of his career is when he instructed everyone that was watching to go into Daddys wallet since he probably is still sleeping, and take out a dollar and send it to him.

He was one of my favorites as a kid.

RIP Soupy.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• RIP Soupy.

Wasn't he on a game show as well Malto?

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Awww, very sorry to hear that. He was very much a memory from childhood.
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
            RIP Soupy.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
            If I remember right, he was on the old Password show a lot.
            It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• We were just watching him on reruns of the $100,000 Pyramid the last few nights. RIP Soupy.
              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• A link to the story of the famous naked lady stunt on his live show.

Dopeler Effect: The Tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly. - Author unknown

Comment

• RIP Soupy

Comment

• He used to be on 'What's my Line' as well.

RIP Soup.
                    ------------
                    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• RIP Soupy. And White Fang, Black Tooth, and Pookie. I loved that show when I was little.
                      NFC Championship or bust!!!!!!

Comment

• Never seen/heard him, but I have heard OF him.

RIP Soupy Sales

Comment

• Straight from the horses mouth....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-OGy3Kh7yM"]YouTube - SOUPY SALES: Green Pieces of Paper[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                            RIP Soupy.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                            Yes he was as others have noted but his claim to fame is his hosting of a show that got kids to watch and make Mom and Dad turn the TV on because Soupy was on.

Originally posted by Tax View Post
                            Never seen/heard him, but I have heard OF him.

RIP Soupy Sales
                            Ahhh grasshopper. When you watch TV, and if TV makes you laugh, you can thank Soupy for pioneering funny TV.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Remote Control host Ken Ober dead at 52

Posted Nov 16th 2009 5:27PM by Bob Sassone

Wow, it's one thing to write about the death of someone like Edward Woodward, someone who was older and not in good health, but it's another thing to write about the death of someone only 52. Ken Ober, who hosted the classic (well, in my mind it's a classic) MTV game show Remote Control in the late 80s, died yesterday of unknown causes.

If you've never seen Remote Control, it was a wacky pop culture trivia game show that supposedly was filmed in Ober's basement. Besides being a really fun game show (especially for someone raised on television), it costarred a lot of people who later became household names, such as Adam Sandler and Colin Quinn.

Oddly enough, Ober was a guest on an episode of The Equalizer and also appeared in other shows, including Who's The Boss, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, and the original Parenthood series. He was the Comedian champ on Star Search and was also a producer, working on such shows as The New Adventures of Old Christine, Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn, and Mind of Mencia.
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grK66SReEFA"]YouTube- Stud Boy - Adam Sandler[/ame]
                                The only logical explanation is:
                                I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

Working...
                                X