No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• come one SFL, get him, give him the big lecture on reveling in death..........
    The only logical explanation is:
    I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• I don't know that it's the time or place for that either. This has been concieved as a thread to honor and respect the dead. I'll stick with that.
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
        This has been concieved as a thread to honor and respect the dead. I'll stick with that.
        No. Drew started it to announce the death of Saddam Hussein.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Right you are...

I have recognize this as a thread to honor and respect the dead. I'll stick with that.

Comment

• Okay. So how old is Pat Robertson?
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• And does he engage in reckless behavior? You know, unprotected gay sex, like that?
              I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• SLF,

I had no intention of making this a left or right wing media thing.

I read he was DEAD on multiple websites including FOX.

That's why I was so amused by the whole thing and brought it up yesterday.
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• The funny thing, as I posted elsewhere, was the way the story was handled by Detroit's two newspapers on their websites. The News put it up on top, a banner headline, with links to Falwell's bio, a chatroom to express grief, and a photo gallery. The Freep just buried it with all the other national news; it was a few stories below another item about "Bad News" Barnes getting busted for drugs.

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
                    SLF,

I had no intention of making this a left or right wing media thing.

I read he was DEAD on multiple websites including FOX.

That's why I was so amused by the whole thing and brought it up yesterday.
                    Cool...

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg H View Post
                      It's the time and the place.
                      Why are those who claim to be Democrats, the party of the tolerant, so intolerant??? If you must be like Greg H to be Democrat, what a sad, sad pathetic organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                        Why are those who claim to be Democrats, the party of the tolerant, so intolerant??? If you must be like Greg H to be Democrat, what a sad, sad pathetic organization.
                        We're intolerant of the intolerant, if you follow me.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                          What the hell are you talking about? There was a question about the media characterization of saying "dead" vs. "passed away," etc. I added to the discussion by pointing out that some people may not be too reverential over Falwell's death because of his past comments. These are not my feelings, as I could care less about the man one way or the other.
                          "We'll know for the first time if we're evil or divine. We're the last in line." - Ronnie James Dio

Comment

• You couldn't care less? Why, according to dimwittedtwit, that's the Democrat way....
                            Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsred View Post
                              You couldn't care less? Why, according to dimwittedtwit, that's the Democrat way....
                              No, he said he "could" care less. Misquoting people, of course, is the Republican way.

Comment

• LOS ANGELES -- Charley Ane, a standout tackle for Southern California in the early 1950s and then an All-Pro lineman for the Detroit Lions, died in Honolulu of pneumonia following a long illness. He was 76.
                                Ane graduated from Punahou High in Honolulu and attended Compton College in California before going to USC. The school said he died Wednesday.
                                Ane helped the Trojans to a 10-1 record in the 1952 season, including a victory over Wisconsin in the 1953 Rose Bowl. The Lions picked him in the second round of that year's draft. In seven years with Detroit, he was an All-Pro center-tackle and a member of the Lions' 1953 and 1957 NFL champs and was team captain in 1958-59.
                                After his playing days, Ane returned to Hawaii, where he coached football at five high schools.
                                Ane, inducted into the USC Hall of Fame last weekend, also pitched for the Trojans' baseball team in 1951.
                                He is survived by his wife, Marilyn, sons Kale and Neal, daughter Malia, seven grandchildren and brothers David and Danny.
                                A funeral service is scheduled May 28 at the Punahou School chapel.

- He gave me one of my first Lion autographs. Was an outstanding center.

Comment

Working...
                                X