Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROYAL OAK, Mich. (AP)
    Ex-Notre Dame star running back and NFL player John Panelli has died. He was 85.

AJ Desmond & Sons Funeral Directors says the Beverly Hills, Mich., resident died Friday in Royal Oak after a sudden illness.

Panelli was born in Morristown, NJ, and played fullback and linebacker for Notre Dame's 1946 and 1947 national championship teams, averaging 7.5 yards a carry his senior year.
    He was a 1949 first-round draft pick for Detroit, playing two seasons with the Lions and three with the Chicago Cardinals.

Leaving pro football, Panelli started J.R. Panelli Equipment Co., in Southfield.
    Survivors include wife Margaret; sisters Angelina Lombardo and Anna Brockman; children John, Andrew, Peter and Velma; and four grandchildren.

A funeral Mass is scheduled for Saturday at Our Lady Queen of Martyrs Church in Beverly Hills.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• RIP JP
      ------------
      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• RIP JP.
        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Canadian ski cross racer dies in crash

By the CNN Wire Staff
          updated 11:36 AM EST, Sat March 10, 2012

Canada's Nick Zoricic competing in a World Cup event earlier this year. He has died after a crash in a race in Switzerland.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
          • Nik Zoricic died of head injuries from a crash while racing Saturday
          • The 29-year-old Toronto skier died as a result of "severe neurotrauma"
          • Zoricic fell just before the finish of the eighth round of the World Cup Ski Cross
          • Zonicic finished fifth in the 2011 World Cup standings

(CNN) -- Canadian skier Nik Zoricic died of head injuries from a crash while racing Saturday at a World Cup Ski Cross event in Grindelwald, Switzerland.
          The 29-year-old Toronto resident died as a result of "severe neurotrauma," despite being hospitalized shortly after the crash, according to statement from the International Ski Federation.
          Zoricic fell just before the finish in the competition's eighth round, slamming into the course's safety netting, the statement said.
          "Nik was a very talented young ski racer and a great athlete who was much loved by his teammates and fellow competitors," Alpine Canada president Max Gartner said. "He will be greatly missed by all of us and the ski community as a whole."
          Zoricic began as an alpine racer but later switched to ski cross, a type of timed racing that includes a variety of terrain and tests skiers' freestyle and alpine skills.
          The incident prompted race organizers to cancel the entire event, including the World Cup Final scheduled for Sunday.
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• RIP Nik.
            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJWQVB35dS4"]RIP Nick Zoricic - Tragic ski-cross fall - YouTube[/ame]
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• That is tragic. One second he's skiing, next he's clinically dead. Unreal.

RIP Nik.
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I'm surprised this death escaped notice here:

Maybe some will recognize this one :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUeuAnMNDhA&feature=related"]Montrose- Rock Candy - YouTube[/ame]

Sammy Hagar did lead vocals back when Ronnie formed the band Montrose

Comment

• I owned all of the Montrose albums and saw them in Cobo Hall back in about 74 or so.

I didn't know that he died until you posted this.

RIP
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Doobie Brothers drummer Michael Hossack died at his home in Dubois, Wyoming yesterday at the age of 65. He had been battling cancer for some time and succumbed to complications of the disease with his family at his side.
                      RIP Mr. Hossack.
                      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                        RIP Mr. Hossack.

+1

RIP
                        AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                        2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                        3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                        4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                        5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                        6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                        7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• another doobie burned away.

RIP

Comment

• RIP Michael.
                            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• 2012 has been reaperish thus far.

yikes
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdXfkkyI1nQ"]Don&#39;t Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X