No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You seem to have a fascination with knobs, foreskins, and even trying to get treo interested in you. Maybe you're just a smegma fetishist or you hit for that team. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I hope it works out OK for you.
    Last edited by Tony G; March 4, 2012, 07:29 AM.
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Ok tony......, you seem like you like to learn, so I'll explain so that you can be more informed and more educated....., on the soccer thread, you said some drivel about rather watching cheese grow that watch soccer..., (why you were on the soccer thread is beyond me, trolling no doubt)....., but I replied, well don't be pulling your foreskin back on the soccer thread......, was actually a joke meaning under your foreskin is caked full of cheese. British term,....., there is even a wee rhyme:
      I know a mouse called Keith
      Who circumcises men with his teeth
      It's not for the fun, or for the pleasure
      It's to get to the cheese underneath.

It's all a joke buddy......, lighten the fuck up.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I also remember when I heard SMTS for the first time. I was in my car, driving in A2 and I heard it on 89X. It did love it the first time and that doesn't happen that often with songs by an artist you've never heard before.

I think I had a similar feeling when I heard "Welcome to the Jungle" (G n R) for the first time as well as "Ted, Just Admit It" (Jane's Addiction), "Stigmata" (Ministry), "Randy Described Eternity" (Built to Spill), "Big Dumb Sex" (Soundgarden and the impact was to a much lesser extent. It was more because I thought it was so funny). Even "Roxanne" (The Police), when I was a kid or "Controversy" (Prince) and "Ain't Nobody" (Rufus- with Chaka Khan) a couple of years later.

It's a great feeling, though, when music just hits you. I'm trying to think of a band that's done that for me any time recently. I guess TV on the Radio's "Wolf Like Me" was something I really liked right off the bat and bought the CD. A lot of their other songs were more miss than hit for me, though.

I don't think Nirvana were pioneers but they were one of the best in that movement. Their sound (musically) isn't all that different from Sonic Youth, who had a few years on them.
        Last edited by *JD*; March 4, 2012, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Last time I remember being blown away was very early Dream Theater......, they were different class and Mike Portnoy?...... Well he is just one superb Drummer.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• so I'll explain so that you can be more informed and more educated
            I understood your reference, it isn't hard to get even through your passive aggressive excuse for conversation. What I do notice is that you seem obsessed with the dick.
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
              Nirvana saved us from the bullshit that was being put out. I remember when I first saw the video (YES MTV ONCE PLAYED MUSIC!!) Smells Line Teen Spirit..

Game changer.
              Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
              Ain't that the truth Jaadam.
              Marko,

You liked that garbage?

The 90's sucked bcz of grunge garbage. IMO of course.
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Ralph McQuarrie died.

McQuarrie was the principle conceptual artists for the first Star Wars film. His work on that film helped George Lucas and his team visualize what Star Wars would look and feel like.

Comment

• Wasn't a huge fan Panoptes but did like their Nevermind album. Other bands in the same genre I only heard thru buddies playing it. My main taste in music has always been Maiden, Scorps, Dio, Sabs, 70's/80's rock.

Tony, you said in another thread that you didn't have a problem with people being obsessed with dick? Why voice this about me? Homophobic? You need help with your issues buddy.

Comment

• RIP Ralph.

Comment

• Tony, you said in another thread that you didn't have a problem with people being obsessed with dick? Why voice this about me? Homophobic?
                      I said if that's your obsession it is your gig. "Not that there's anything wrong with that" is a Seinfeld reference. It's OK that is your orientation. I don't fear you for it.

Comment

• What about cross dressing trannies? You fear those? Just so that I know it's ok to wear that shit to my first Detroit city night out. Want everyone to feel comfortable Tone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                          Marko,

You liked that garbage?

The 90's sucked bcz of grunge garbage. IMO of course.
                          I didn't like all grunge but it definitely was an alternative to hair bands and the played out crap from the 80's. Nirvana changed music for generations to come.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• and don't get me started on the bubble gum and pop that was being put out around that time.. Doom and gloom was needed!
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                              Wasn't a huge fan Panoptes but did like their Nevermind album. Other bands in the same genre I only heard thru buddies playing it. My main taste in music has always been Maiden, Scorps, Dio, Sabs, 70's/80's rock.
                              That's what I thought. Me too but still never liked any grunge band. Had enough of my old music to get me through the lean years that continue on through today.
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                                That's what I thought. Me too but still never liked any grunge band. Had enough of my old music to get me through the lean years that continue on through today.
                                Was on the A9 to Inverness last week, the pod was on shuffle....., "Futureal" came on from Maidens Virtual X1 album, (Blaze on vocs, not their best era)......, but still, Futureal..., what a number that is! I was almost caught speeding on camera, speeding up in time to the tune! Superb.

Comment

Working...
                                X