No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No not trolling Tony, just offering my opinion on the Beatles hype. Yes, they were good, but they weren't as good as the infinite praise that they get. I appreciate that they influenced many bands, especially oasis, but I'd say Noel Gallagher is just as good a songwriter as jOhn Lennon was. They were just at different eras. WAY too much hype. Ok you fucking tube, not trolling......, although that last bit was a wee bit.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• And sorry JD, was Dan V quote. Apologies.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• I think "Big Time Rush" is the best of all, better than the Beatles, Rolling Stones and even the Monkees.
        AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• Marko, to say the Monkees were better than the Beatles has to be a troll...lol. Pretty funny though.
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan V View Post
            I saw the Monkees in June, 2011.
            I saw them last summer as well. I noticed about half way through the performance that Davy was sweating profusely. I thought that was odd for someone who should be accustomed to performing. Neither Peter or Mickey sweated like he was and I did not think he was doing more jumping around than the others (although as was usually the case, Peter was pretty sedentary).
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
              Marko, to say the Monkees were better than the Beatles has to be a troll...lol. Pretty funny though.
              Yes, was a rather loose statement......, just cant stand Beatle-mania. Its one huge bandwagon and everyone and their dog is on it.

Comment

• To understand the Beatles was to understand how unique and different they were and when they came into being. They were one of the first bands to write all their stuff (they did a few early covers)and play all their own instruments. Mom told me their "look" was pretty radical (long hair) too when you consider Pat Boone , Andy Williams, and other syrupy conservative schlock was around.
                Honestly, Lennon and McCartney were the greatest sonwriters of all time, and George Harrison in his own right had a few outstanding tunes.

Everyone has heard all the Beatle songs so much that I feel we are kinda bored with them. That's the only problem I can see with them. Vanilla ice cream used to be my favorite too.

Make up a Beatles CD and let an open minded 8-10 year old hear their music for the first time. My sons (back 10 years or so ago) were blown away by "I am the Walrus", "Day Tripper," and "Come Together". Don't forget to throw on Side two of Abbey Road for the kids too. That album has more moments than most of today's bands have in their entire catalogue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                  No not trolling Tony, just offering my opinion on the Beatles hype. Yes, they were good, but they weren't as good as the infinite praise that they get. I appreciate that they influenced many bands, especially oasis, but I'd say Noel Gallagher is just as good a songwriter as jOhn Lennon was. They were just at different eras. WAY too much hype. Ok you fucking tube, not trolling......, although that last bit was a wee bit.

Come on man, Oasis wouldn't probably have even existed without the influence of the Beatles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan V View Post
                    Come on man, Oasis wouldn't probably have even existed without the influence of the Beatles.
                    That's what I said Dan.

Paul McCartney was the first to admit in an interview with Parky or someone like that, that a high percentage of their stuff was pretty darned shit. I really do like a lot of their stuff,......, and as I'm an older bloke myself, I appreciate they were way ahead of their time......, but the constant never ending hype is beyond belief.

Comment

• They were one of the first bands to write all their stuff (they did a few early covers)and play all their own instruments
                      6 covers out of 14 songs on their first album Please Please me (including Twist and Shout and Carol King's Chains)

6 covers out of 14 songs on With the Beatles including Roll over Beethoven from Chuck Berry and also Smokey Robinson's You really got a hold on me

This pattern continued with the exception of the A Hard Day's Night soundtrack (Even Help had 1 non Beatle written track) until Rubber Soul which was all the Beatles own works
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Spoken like a true Scottsman.:-) But I do like Erasure.
                        "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Paul McCartney was the first to admit in an interview with Parky or someone like that, that a high percentage of his stuff was pretty darned shit.
                          FIFY
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Oh fuck, yip. That too. Definitely.

Comment

• He was ok up to Live and let die then he started making silly love songs

Comment

• I see what you did there, very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X