Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
    :( I have a love/hate relationship with Apple, but I can't deny the innovation they put forth. Sad news.
    I have a hate/hate relationship with Apple, but I am not blind. What he did for Tech community will be hard to ever match. The Tech community lost a great one today.

Comment

• RIP Steve. I'm not a biug techy person but I certainly appreciate how amazing it's become. Steve was a big part of that.

GO LIONS "11" !
      GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• RIP Steve Jobs........, your Apple gear works wonders for pc retards like me. You will be missed the world over. Hopefully someone as legendary takes your place.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Apple reminded people how powerful good design is. Even if you're not an apple guy (and I don't think I am) Jobs made other companies make better products to stay relevant and that pushes everything forward. An American innovator.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

Attached Files
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• that's on my FB
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• They come in 3's...

#2... two words.... Al Davis.
                The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• RIP- He became kind of nutty in his later years but he was an NFL icon.

Comment

• RIP Al Davis.

Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis has passed away at the age of 82, according to the team. Davis is one of the most unique members of the NFL dating back to his AFL days in the 1960s.
                    ------------
                    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Al Davis dead at 82.

NFL-Oakland Raiders owner Davis dies aged 82
                      6 minutes ago

tweet0EmailPrintOct 8 (Reuters) - Al Davis, the long-time owner of the National Football League’s Oakland Raiders, died on Saturday at the age of 82, the team’s official website reported.

The website (http://www.raiders.com) gave no details of the death of one of the leading personalities in the NFL, but said a statement would be made later on Saturday.

Davis was hired as coach and general manager of the Raiders at the age of 33 and later became principal owner.

He was also was commissioner of the American Football League (AFL) in 1966 and was viewed as a driving force in the merger with the NFL that created the modern competition.

Davis also took the Raiders away from Oakland to Los Angeles from 1982 to 1994 before returning the franchise to its original home. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1992.

(Reporting by Simon Evans in Miami; editing by Mark Meadows
                      "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• RIP Al.
                        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Wow. The bay area has lost two icons...
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Al Davis was only 82? I would've guessed 90.

Comment

• RIP Al Davis. Dude was eccentric, but he knew football and he is very responsible for the game we have today.
                              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• One of the originals that helped bring about the AFL-NFL merge

Just win Baby!

The quarterback must go down and he must go down hard!

"We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want."
                                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

Working...
                                X