No announcement yet.

MSU thread (in the Lions Forum)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There were some promising glimpses, but I hope they smoke some weed at halftime and calm the hell down.

Comment

• Spoiler Alert: They haven't calmed down.

Comment

• Sparty needs to stop doing that human missile bullshit on sliding QBs. They did it far too much last year too.

Comment

• State just got a break with the QB sliding short.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            State just got a break with the QB sliding short.
            Huge break. Because I certainly thought FAU's QB was past the 1st down marker before he started his slide.

Comment

• Whelp, Sparty dodges a bullet that they shouldn't have needed to dodge to begin with.

I am not impressed by this team's first offering in the slightest. Terrible showing.

Comment

• Undefeated! Sarchasm! (h intended)

The lack of discipline was alarming. I was expecting missed blocking assignments, busted coverages and QB not being on the same page as the receivers. Got plenty of that. I wasn’t expecting that complete meltdown with penalties under this regime.

Chiles acted his age. He should improve over the next few weeks. (He better.)

When they weren’t gifting 15 yards at a time, the defense looked much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by NewOrleansLion View Post
                  Undefeated! Sarchasm! (h intended)

The lack of discipline was alarming. I was expecting missed blocking assignments, busted coverages and QB not being on the same page as the receivers. Got plenty of that. I wasn’t expecting that complete meltdown with penalties under this regime.

Chiles acted his age. He should improve over the next few weeks. (He better.)

When they weren’t gifting 15 yards at a time, the defense looked much better.
                  I mean, FAU was an offense that aspires to be Iowa-level. I'm not sure how much we should be proud of the defense's performance either.

Comment

• Which is funny because that FAU offense is led by some of Urban Meyer’s old crew from his title Ohio State season. Tom Herman… Ed Warriner. I guess it’s harder to look like a genius on offense when you don’t have a ton of 5 stars. Can’t call a crossing route play and expect your future NFL WRs to burn past inferior athletes. Not at FAU.

Seems like a step in the right direction for MSU. You can see the upside with Chiles, but he’s a year away from showing the consistency that you want. Very much expected out of someone in year 1 as a full time starter. The INT on the goal-line that was thrown behind the WR is a good example. A tad bit too delayed there with timing.

Seems like a 5 to 6 win MSU team.
                    Again, that’s what you should want to be after last year’s disaster of a team. It only goes up from here. Rock bottom was displaying an evil German guy on the big screen for everyone to see.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• At the end of the day, I'm most disappointed by the lack of discipline. Kinda like with the Lions during their long wandering in the wilderness... yeah, there's a degree that a rebuilding team is going to be outgunned. They are going to struggle. But for fuck's sake, the unforced mental errors are things that can be cleaned up regardless of talent level.

For example, I don't know why Spartan players seem to think it is a great idea to launch themselves like a human missile at a sliding ball carrier. They did it a ton last year, and they fucking did it twice last night. They got lucky as all hell that it didn't cost them the game the second time it happened. That sort of shit is inexcusable, regardless of how many stars you were recruited at, and if Smith can't fix that real fucking fast, I'm going to lose patience with his tenure equally fast.

Comment

• That concerned me the most, too. I have what might be blind faith that this staff will be able to “coach them up”, both in discipline and execution.

if there’s any hope for 6-7 wins, they’ll need to get a lot of improvement form Chiles and the OL. There are a lot of new players and a new scheme, so improvement is a realistic hope. Just depends on how much they improve.

By the way, the new OC didn’t exactly endear himself to the fan base last night, either. 4th and 1 and you don’t involve your athletic QB?

Comment

• Didn’t like what I saw last night. I get it. New regime, new scheme. There’s going to be some struggles in the adjustment period from Tucker to Jon.

If FAU was even remotely good we would had lost that game. The defense looks promising but the Sparty passing attack needs more work.

Sparty looks like a 3 or 5 win team but it’s to be expected at the moment.
                          Last edited by Lionsfan123; August 31, 2024, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• I suppose if there is any consolation, Michigan's offense looks like total ass as well.

Comment

• Take the field goal next time, that team wasn't scoring twice in the time left with that offense

Comment

• As it turns out they looked the worst offensively of all the B1G teams. Maybe with the exception of UCLA and Minny, considering the opposing teams. The qb look like crap. Sorry, but the truth. I was actually expecting a a lot more from them and their coach. A long way to go for sure..

Comment

Working...
                                X