No announcement yet.

MSU thread (in the Lions Forum)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I appreciate that any time UM has some sort of controversy or issue pop up, it's reliable that Sparty will come along shortly thereafter to step on their dick again and take that scrutiny back.

Comment

• I think it doesn't help that a lot of fans are able to shrug at the shitty things U-M does. "Oh no, Harbaugh bought a kid a happy meal" or "if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin', roughly 100 teams in the BCS are trying to steal signs!" They tend to be "on the field" related stuff that's easier to circle the wagons around.

Whereas it's a lot harder to viscerally defend, "masturbated on the phone with a rape survivor" or "yeah, go ahead, run that Adolf Hitler trivia question. What could possibly go wrong?" That's non-football related stuff that is harder to get that tribal sentiment going for.

Comment

• I read about the chair of the Board of Trustees today. She sounds nice.

I haven’t felt the same about my alma mater since the fallout from the Nasser tragedy. MSU had an opportunity to make a statement - similar situations have happened at schools all over the country. We’re going to investigate every aspect of our response, what we knew and when we knew it, and be an open book so other universities can learn from our mistakes. That’s not PR bullshit. It might have saved a young person from enduring unspeakable abuse at another school in the future. In the end, it was lawyers and same old selfish, heartless cya shit.

Comment

• Good gravy, the B1G is historically bad this year. One good team.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
            I think it doesn't help that a lot of fans are able to shrug at the shitty things U-M does. "Oh no, Harbaugh bought a kid a happy meal" or "if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin', roughly 100 teams in the BCS are trying to steal signs!" They tend to be "on the field" related stuff that's easier to circle the wagons around.

Whereas it's a lot harder to viscerally defend, "masturbated on the phone with a rape survivor" or "yeah, go ahead, run that Adolf Hitler trivia question. What could possibly go wrong?" That's non-football related stuff that is harder to get that tribal sentiment going for.
            I don't think it's that hard to circle the wagons around a trivia question. Honestly no one would have given a shit if it happened two months ago. I would understand if it was celebratory in nature like some "good ol boys" flying flags and celebrating their confederate idols. Those people always try to make the argument that history should be remembered. That part is true. The problem is the celebration of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by NewOrleansLion View Post
              Good gravy, the B1G is historically bad this year. One good team.
              Yeah, the Buckeyes seem to be for real.

Comment

• MSU SUCKS. Not a dig just a fact.
                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Well... I guess Sparty actually scored on OSU at least.

Comment

• The Spartans and the team coached by their likely next head coach are losing 56-7, with 3 quarters of football left to play between them. Good times.

Comment

• They deserve each other. Another JLS type who's all hype.

Comment

• Thank you!

I do think Nate Carter can be a good pro RB. He didn’t stand a chance to do much of anything with this group, but he’s shifty and powerful.

Comment

• 42-0 🤦‍♂️

JaysusH , thats a pumpin’.
                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                            42-0 🤦‍♂️

JaysusH , thats a pumpin’.
                            I prefer to think of it as slow, sweet lovemaking. They left satisfied.

Comment

• Nobody is a JLS.type, that dude was a clown.

Comment

• Jonathan Smith has been announced as the new head coach on MSU Twitter. Big job ahead of him.

Comment

Working...
                                X