Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    What teams do you think are serious and aggressive in their approach to get top notch kickers that put the Lion approach to shame?
    Arizona Cardinals

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• The Cardinals are a decent example, I wish the Lions had kept Prater, but the guy arguing they don't care about kicking didn't blame them for letting Prater go.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
        Personally, they should have four guys kicking around every offseason. At least. Because yes, as you said, there's a lot of luck involved. It's hard to say who "the guy" is going to be, because yes, they can come from anywhere. Which is why I'd argue the Lions should be casting a much larger net every offseason. It's not about anyone specific. Bates is one of many they could be entertaining; but the issue with Bates is that I suspect someone is going to offer him more than a tryout based simply on his UFL season. It is what it is. I'd bite the bullet personally, but that's just because I don't see Badgely as much more than replacement level. If Bates stunk it up, they could probably cut him and Badgley would still be there waiting. Or Turner, or someone roughly on Badgley's level.

And I think the numbers back me up on that. I know a lot of Lions fans have told themselves that he's Ol' Reliable from inside 45, and that's what makes him so valuable to this coaching staff... but it's not true. He's been mid since bouncing around in Detroit, he's been mid everywhere he's went. He's simply nothing worth hitching your wagon to, and replacing someone like him simply isn't nearly as hard as some fans are telling themselves it is.
        As somebody mentioned, they already tried replacing Badgely with 2 different guys last season (Romo and Patterson) and are trying again with 2 this year (Turner, possibly Bates) even as Badgely allegedly has more leg strength. They're not sitting on him like they are with Fox (for good reason).
        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          Can you imagine how exhausting it must be to be that cynical every day?

The fact is the Lions game were one of the first to allegedly contact Bates during the UFL season.

The Lions were so unserious last year that they rolled out Badgley at the start of the season, except they didn't. He was cut in July.

Not even worth a response at this point.

Comment

• I keep saying that it's one hell of a sign that we're arguing over the damn place kicker, but no... people really seem to want my statement to be some sort of declaration of war against Holmes and Campbell and the franchise.

Comment

I keep saying that it's one hell of a sign that we're arguing over the damn place kicker, but no... people really seem to want my statement to be some sort of declaration of war against Holmes and Campbell and the franchise.
              Now you went too far.
              Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Jared Goff isn't old enough to be Terrion Arnold's father, but the age gap between the two Detroit Lions players is significant enough that the quarterback could have been the rookie corner's babysitter a dozen years earlier.
                "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                My friend Ken L

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                  My friend Ken L

Comment

• I think the Lions just don't think it's worth spending resources on a kicker when they can get someone like Badgely for "free".

...or, at least, they haven't been in a position where they can prioritize it yet.

Comment

• Gotdamm!

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                          Apparently, both Arnold & Rakestraw hit 22mph on game speed, which is fast. Both were also not 100% for the combine.

Here's a cool tweet showing Arnold covering Xavier Worthy on a go route. Worthy, you may remember, recently set the combine record for fastest 40 time in history. They start at the top of the formation.

Speed is not an issue with Arnold.

edit: I still can't believe we got this guy with pick 24.
                          Last edited by El Axe; June 14, 2024, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• It looks like the Lions are signing Bates.
                            Lions reportedly signing Jake Bat s

Comment

• Good to hear. The more bodies they have testing the waters, the better.

Comment

Good to hear. The more bodies they have testing the waters, the better.
                                CGVT approves of this message

SPOILERalthough he doesn't think Bates will make the team
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X