No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the all-22 guy. He makes the claim that ARSB is the best WR and a top-10 player in the NFL INCLUDING QBs. He makes a compelling case. It's 22 minutes and I watched more of it than I thought I would

The stats largely speak for themselves. On tape, he shows ARSB's gravity (I'm using an NBA term) -- basically how much attention he draws from opposing defenses that opens up the offense. He shows how ARSB is used at more things than any other player in the NFL. He illustrates his blocking. It's impressive.

Comment

• Works out great that the routes ARSB like/good at, Goff is money at; inside dig routes, any option route.. Almost unstoppable.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

I agree with most of that with these exceptions:

QBs: The teams that know if their backup QB can play or not generally already know the answer to that question is "not." The league can't even find 32 quality starters. The best you can hope for is an uncertain shrug from the QB2.
        RBs: NO team has the sort of depth at RB you want the Lions to have. Every single team's third and fourth RB is going to be a massive question mark.
        WRs: I would have liked to see a quality "X" type receiver, but much like every other depth concern, those sort of guys are not easy to find.
        OL: That was and is my biggest worry. While again, every team has some big question marks in the depth department at O-Line, considering how fundamental it is to the Lions offense, I would have liked to see a more certain and ready bench. I'm just not sure that is particularly feasible.
        DL: I'm actually of the mind that the DL depth is pretty solid. My problem is that I think they lack one more impact starter. Even if Davenport finds his groove, he's a temp option at best.
        Do we still have Big V or did we cut him? He can fill in for a solid 3 plays if Ragnow's toe comes off and they stitch it back on at halftime.
        "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
        Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• As we wait for the NFL's 2024 schedule release party, let's look at one part of the equation we already know: strength of schedule. The opponents are set, so while we don't know when each game will take place, we know the matchups.

^Why is GB's schedule tougher than ours?

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post

Do we still have Big V or did we cut him? He can fill in for a solid 3 plays if Ragnow's toe comes off and they stitch it back on at halftime.
            Pretty sure he retired, or will soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post
              https://www.nfl.com/news/strength-of...orth-nfc-south

^Why is GB's schedule tougher than ours?
              Probably because the Packers play the Lions twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post

Probably because the Packers play the Lions twice.
                Lmfao! I am incapable of thinking outside the box.

Comment

• Peko has spent time with five NFL franchises, including two stints in Denver and Tennessee, where he started a career-high 10 games last season.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                  My friend Ken L

Comment

• They are showing the NFC championship game on NFL Network. Watching them run up and down the field in the first half, it’s so painful to know what happens. I’m just flipping channels but these gut punch games are part of the reason why I usually can’t watch replays of sports.
                    3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
                    10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• I won’t watch it. It was painful enough in real time

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanders Fan View Post
                        They are showing the NFC championship game on NFL Network. Watching them run up and down the field in the first half, it’s so painful to know what happens. I’m just flipping channels but these gut punch games are part of the reason why I usually can’t watch replays of sports.
                        This was on a few days ago and I caught it mid 1st Q...so of course I had to watch the best 1st half of football in my years of fandom. It does hurt knowing the outcome. UUGGGGHHH. We literally did WTF we wanted to on offense in that 1st half.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                          I won’t watch it. It was painful enough in real time
                          I have the broadcast on DVR
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• In February it would have been painful to watch. Spent most of that month with the NFL blahs....looking back though, it was quite an achievement. Lions are a young team and just got their playoff legs underneath them. They will learn and grow from this.
                            Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Goff gets extended....
                              The Detroit Lions have had a busy offseason, and that continued on Monday with the reported extension of quarterback Jared Goff.

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                                My friend Ken L

Comment

Working...
                                X