No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's no way they lockup Sewell and St. Brown in the same day and not re-up Goff in the next few hours right? It just seems fitting.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

According to Dave Dombrowski a few years back for the TIgers and MLB uncapped "Not many"

Way to let Max walk dummy!
      They offered Max a contract that almost matched JV's. He bet on himself and had a great year. Then he got a 214/7 offer from the Nats. Good for him. Something not reported many places is a large portion of that was deferred so the actual value (and I have no idea how it is figured out) wound up being almost the same amount (I think a few million either way) since tigers offer had no deferred money in it.
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Who gives a shit? Especially here in this thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Lagoon58 View Post
          Who gives a shit? Especially here in this thread?
          Take it up with jaadam I only responded to his post.
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• He whines too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

They offered Max a contract that almost matched JV's. He bet on himself and had a great year. Then he got a 214/7 offer from the Nats. Good for him. Something not reported many places is a large portion of that was deferred so the actual value (and I have no idea how it is figured out) wound up being almost the same amount (I think a few million either way) since tigers offer had no deferred money in it.
              The media always made it sound like DD made him an offer but they were offering him less money than JV hoping that he wouldn't take it.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                Considering the cap is nearing $300 mil, quite a few.
                Well if St Brown is 28M, Sewall 30M, and Goff 50M thats 1/3 right there....even though the numbers never seem to have the cap effect that it looks like.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  St. Brown 4 years 120 million with 77 million guaranteed per Ian Rappaport.

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  St. Brown 4 years 120 million with 77 million guaranteed per Ian Rappaport.
                  Good news on both fronts. They’re both young, elite at their positions, and rarely miss a game
                  "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• They picked up Sewell’s 5th year option this morning so this contract keeps him in Detroit until 2029. This will be cheap for a HOF OL in a couple years.
                    3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
                    10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

The media always made it sound like DD made him an offer but they were offering him less money than JV hoping that he wouldn't take it.
                      Because both stories are true.

The initial offer was just as Whitley describes, but when Max didn't immediately accept, Mr. Petty Mike Illitch threw a tantrum, pulled the offer, and started giving increasingly smaller offers until Max decided to "bet on himself."

In that sense, you could say "Scherzer" rhymes with "Fedorov," because the path out of Detroit for both men had a lot of similarities.

Comment

• That isn't the story I heard regarding Scherzer.

Comment

• Schefter reported that the Lions and Goff are not close but I’m not sure how serious to take Schefter. I feel like the Lions will get it done unless Goff is asking for something unreasonable. And I don’t know what unreasonable is considering he’s playing at a high level and anything they give him will probably be dwarfed in a few seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            That isn't the story I heard regarding Scherzer.
                            I will acknowledge my memory of that isn't as sharp as yours. I do remember the initial offer, and Illitch getting furious when Max didn't accept.

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                              My friend Ken L

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                                My friend Ken L

Comment

Working...
                                X