No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've always liked Boyd. He'd be a good get but it would certainly take us out of drafting a WR high in the draft. That would leave OL and CB
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• It's amazing how many times it needs to be said...Holmes isn't drafting for need. But you do you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Lagoon58 View Post
        It's amazing how many times it needs to be said...Holmes isn't drafting for need. But you do you.
        Of your 146 posts the majority are parroting the same shit but this one is just plain stupid.

Hendon Hooker might be the legit only draft pick that wasn’t for a need. I don’t respond to your trolling because you’re beneath me
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I see Boyd as a replacement for Reynolds and it wouldn't impact whether they drafted a receiver.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Of your 146 posts the majority are parroting the same shit but this one is just plain stupid.

Hendon Hooker might be the legit only draft pick that wasn’t for a need. I don’t respond to your trolling because you’re beneath me
            I'd like to point out that this post was an actual response to his trolling.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

I love you too
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

I see Boyd as a replacement for Reynolds and it wouldn't impact whether they drafted a receiver.
                I think you’re way off on this one. Besides Boyd’s sophomore season in the NFL where he missed 6 games Reynolds best season would have been Boyd’s worse.

Boyd has several 1000 yard seasons. Boyd was a really nice player for the Bengals for a long stretch.

in their 8 year careers Reynolds has 2900 yards of receiving while Boyd is over 6000. There’s a gigantic difference between the 2

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

I love you too
                  Everybody loves Raymond.
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Tyler Boyd is such a a hot commodity off his 2023 season that it is April and he is still unsigned. If the Lions signed him, it would be purely to cover the place that Josh Reynolds held. No team is signing him to a long term contract that would exclude it from drafting a WR in the draft. He is a short term stop gap. It's nice that he had a couple 1,000 yard seasons, but it's been a long time since those pre-COVID years.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

LOL, I've been here just as long as you, just under another name that was deactivated. I've seen you're foolishness the whole time. You're the Trickolicious but for some reason you take yourself seriously. You're so far off on everything, no wonder it sounds like I write the same shit.

Comment

LOL, I've been here just as long as you, just under another name that was deactivated. I've seen you're foolishness the whole time. You're the Trickolicious but for some reason you take yourself seriously. You're so far off on everything, no wonder it sounds like I write the same shit.
                        Purple Pride izzat you?
                        Apathetic No More.

Comment

It's amazing how many times it needs to be said...Holmes isn't drafting for need. But you do you.
                          Holmes needs football players. So that is exactly what he will do.
                          AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• Man I really like this Tyler Boyd rumor. I hope they make it happen. He went from being that teams WR1 to way down the list. Send him here for sure.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by maxw3ll View Post

Holmes needs football players. So that is exactly what he will do.
                              And barely even needs that. We are a tricky point in our roster, maybe 2-3 positions that should be generally able to be upgraded as long as we pick the right guys. But we are heading into the it's easy to get worse part of of the roster building. It will be harder to find players, specially in mid to late that have any chance to be an upgrade. A Rodrigo this draft might be a cut. It will be hard for a limited single use player (Houston type) to prove their worth keeping for that single type.

​​​​
                              He needs just good players now in most spots. He needs better players, that's a bit more rough.

Comment

• Holmes has managed the roster exceptionally well in preparation for the draft. He has legit starters at all positions, but almost all position groups can take on a young developmental player without cutting anyone of consequence. In other words, he can draft almost any position he wants in the draft without wasting "resources".

Further, after the draft, it looks like he has enough contacts at each position group to go out and get a vet for those where he doesn't find a good draft choice and really needs better depth.

The other day, I was trying to narrow down what position groups he'd likely emphasize in the draft and found it was easier to say which groups he was likely to avoid.

I'd say he is very unlikely to draft the following position groups on the first 2 days: LB, QB, RB & TE. That's the only limitation I can come up with. Get best player value except for that -- and I think he'd even consider those positions if there was a player who was far and away fantastic value.

Comment

Working...
                                X