X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post

I took notes if you don't have time to listen to all 30min:

- Excited for new kickoff rule. It will favor innovative coaches
    - Is concerned about the new hip drop rule, would've preferred a different approach than banning.
    - They will add CBs, but no timetable atm.
    - They look at Branch as safety depth, but prioritize his nickel play, and are cautious about dividing his attention. They are looking at adding more safeties.
    - Excited about FA/Trade pickups. Very familiar with Davis and think he's a huge pickup, confident in leaving him on an island. Loves Reader. Sounds like Davenport is the front-runner to start. Amik really wanted to come to Detroit. Couldn't believe they got Zeitler late
    - ARSB is special because he relentlessly pursues being the best
    - Roster is in the best shape in 4 years. No real holes
    - Is looking forward to rookies who will have to compete to get playing time
    - Likes that Fields is no longer in division
    - Felt 49ers out-willed them in 2nd half
    - Still looking to re-sign J-Rey, but it's not guaranteed​
    Saw this on YouTube.
    GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Lions are #2 in ESPN’s power rankings.
      3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
      10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Mike Greenberg doesn’t contribute to the ESPN power ranking?

I mean yeah, the 2024 Lions are a little better on paper than 2023. The two notable free agent losses in CJGJ and Jonah Jackson either didn’t contribute that much or underperformed. The coaching staff has been upgraded. You would assume that the young players drafted by Brad Holmes continue to ascend as they grow. We just need at least 2 of the big additions in Reader, Davis, and Davenport to have injury luck… that would significantly upgrade the team.

It’s hard to maintain success in the NFL. Injury luck and other factors could hurt any team. Lions appear to be better. I predicted 11-6 and a playoff win last season. Maybe it’s 12-5 or 13-4 this season as a prediction.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The only power rankings that matter are Froot’s.

Comment

• If they can go 12-5 with this year’s schedule that would be fantastic.
            3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
            10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
              The only power rankings that matter are Froot’s.
              Truth
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• You're going to see a fairly "strong schedule" with the Lions justifiably the favorites in most of their games regardless of the opponent.

It has been a very long time where I could feel even remotely confident saying that.

Comment

• Home games division, Rams, Seattle, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Tampa, Buffalo
                  Road Division, San Fran, Arizona, Houston, Indy, Dallas,

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                    My friend Ken L

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                      My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanders Fan View Post
                        If they can go 12-5 with this year’s schedule that would be fantastic.
                        Yeah, they could be much better this year, but end up with a 10-7 record. Last year's schedule was also very good to them with well-timed breaks and many Thursday games giving them 10-day prep time. I remember looking at last year's schedule and thinking that I couldn't have drawn it up any better given the teams they had to play.

Comment

• Josh Reynolds 14/2 deal to Denver. WR just jumped up the the draft list
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Be curious to see what the guarantees are with that, but good for Josh. Sucked that he went out with those two drops in the SF game, he was a really nice #3 to have around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                              Be curious to see what the guarantees are with that, but good for Josh. Sucked that he went out with those two drops in the SF game, he was a really nice #3 to have around.
                              Agreed. He's been Goff's security blanket when things weren't going great. Its like he'd Goff a spark but he really couldn't come up with the catches we needed in the NFCC. He was a really solid player for the Lions.

Best of luck
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                                Home games division, Rams, Seattle, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Tampa, Buffalo
                                Road Division, San Fran, Arizona, Houston, Indy, Dallas,
                                Guess for Thanksgiving? Will they run the Packers back again? Rams and Jax other possibilities

Comment

Working...
                                X