No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go get Danielle Hunter, draft the best OL available at 29, and I'll forgive you.

Philly and GB just proved the salary cap is fiction.
    Apathetic No More.

Comment

• That seems like a lot of work to bring his price down for one year.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

I don't think what you are proposing has ever been done as far as I know.
        I haven't seen it either but I don't see why it would be against any rules. I hadn't seen the one year deals with void years until recently either.

Comment

• Green Bay and Philly just waived guys or people retired and it saved them money. Stop listening to Valenti like he knows all the answers.

Comment

• Comment

That seems like a lot of work to bring his price down for one year.
              I mean, I'm saying it as more of an if they need it scenario. I'd rather take the whole hit up front if it's not going to effect any other signing plans.

Comment

Not enough for $14 million.

EDIT: There's gotta be more to this. Davis must have agreed to an extension. They can cut him right now and the only loss would be the 3rd round draft pick. I find it unlikely that Holmes would agree to pay $14 million for 1 year of his services to let the guy walk next year and/or give up the draft pick for nothing.
                Last edited by dsred; March 11, 2024, 06:10 PM.
                Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post

I mean, I'm saying it as more of an if they need it scenario. I'd rather take the whole hit up front if it's not going to effect any other signing plans.
                  Considering, they gave up a 3rd, maybe they try a true extension. I doubt they are going to need the money, a lot of the big ticket items are gone and they don't seem to be in a hurry to spend it

Comment

Considering, they gave up a 3rd, maybe they try a true extension. I doubt they are going to need the money, a lot of the big ticket items are gone and they don't seem to be in a hurry to spend it
                    I agree that's the more likely scenario. I wasn't intending to give any opinion of what they should do by what i said. I was just meaning they have options.

Comment

• Bringing in Davis does make me think they probably plan on going back to more man coverage. I don't think he'd be a fit otherwise.

Comment

• They always wanted to pay man coverage, they were going to get M2M guys this offseason

Comment

• For what it’s worth, my friend who’s a diehard Bucs fan is not a fan of the trade.

Comment

• Every time I watched the Bucs (which is not that many times) I was impressed with Davis. The announcers would talk him up like a big deal. His PFF grade for 2023 was on the level of Vildor, Sutton and Jacobs. We will have to see, but I always approach NFL free agency with extreme caution. I'd rather spread my money on a bunch of guys than big ticket items.

He is definitely better at man than any of the corners they had last year, but you don't really want to give up a 3rd for only one season.

Comment

• image.png

Carlton Davis career stats...he had 7 tackles in the playoff game maybe the Lions like that about him?

Comment

• image.png

Marcus Davenport career stats...You can see why they like him.....former Saint

Comment

Working...
                                X