Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    It's 14 million no matter what they do, they would have to extend him to lower the number.
    It's base salary, they can add void years and convert to a bonus without an extension. Or cut him and pay nothing. Not that they are likely to do that considering they gave up a 3.

Comment

• This must be another of those moves that Brad said we'd be wondering what they are doing in March but liking it in december and January

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        The knee jerk reaction will be OG. If Powers-Johnson or Braton are the pick I’d have zero problem with it but it might be time to start looking at Deckers replacement. It’s a fairly decent OL draft
        I think you can double dip OL in the draft AND sign a a guy like Yosh Nijman to be an extra OT for like 3-4 years and see if Fraley can turn him into a legit starting T ready to start when the Lions moveon from Decker.
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• They are getting a couple 6th rounders back. I don't hate the move, I would like to have Sneed on the Lions, but I don't think they are signing a guy like that to big numbers.

I don't think it's smartest guy in the room logic, I think you have to be careful on the first days of free agency. There is a lot of irrational exuberance.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post

It's base salary, they can add void years and convert to a bonus without an extension. Or cut him and pay nothing. Not that they are likely to do that considering they gave up a 3.
            Can you add void years to a contract that already has void years?

Comment

That's a good point but I would think in that scenario there wouldn't be a reason you couldn't move your own bonus into those void years.

Comment

• I don't think the Lions are in on Sneed, but I see Kendall Fuller still sitting out there.
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

I was speaking about Davenport
                  Never mind. You need to quote who your responding to.
                  Apathetic No More.

Comment

That's a good point but I would think in that scenario there wouldn't be a reason you couldn't move your own bonus into those void years.
                    I don't think what you are proposing has ever been done as far as I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Is Sneed worth 22-25 million for 5 years AND giving up your first this year AND draft capital in 2025?
                      Those prices are nowhere near what I've seen. Try again.
                      Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                        I don't think the Lions are in on Sneed, but I see Kendall Fuller still sitting out there.
                        I think the Lions just made their CB move. Other than filler.

Comment

• Does anyone know if it's the Lions third or the one from the Vikes? Late third certainly feels better than 9th.

Comment

Pretty sure the void years are voided at the time of a trade. So they could do a restructured extension, move his money to this year as a signing bonus to be split over the next three years. Then void the last two, designate him as an after June cut next year and split his guaranteed pay over 3 seasons.
                            ​​​​

Comment

Does anyone know if it's the Lions third or the one from the Vikes? Late third certainly feels better than 9th.
                              Saw a report it was the Lions pick.

Comment

Does anyone know if it's the Lions third or the one from the Vikes? Late third certainly feels better than 9th.
                                Believe it is the Lions 3rd

Comment

Working...
                                X