No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't argue that he is signing for a discount, just that he doesn't figure into the compensatory formula.

I don't think they will get any comp picks next year either, but if they did, it would be by making their big splash signings on guys who were cut.

Comment

• Comment

• The Detroit Lions are reportedly signing Marcus Davenport to a one-year deal.
        3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
        10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Carlton Davis has been basically an average starting NFL CB for his career. Last year he was more average, previously was a bit above average.

Yes, he was the one blocked into oblivion by Netflix.

His contract is for $20M, which is an overpay, but I'm not sure how much the Lions have to pay or assume.

Comment

• Davis has one year left at 14 million, he had a 58 PFF grade last year, his last real good year was 2021.

Comment

• I imagine it is the patented prove it deal

Comment

• I think that's an overpay for Davis both in money and draft picks. Hopefully I'm Wrong. The base salary is 14m. That can be moved around with a bonus or a signing.

Comment

• It's 14 million no matter what they do, they would have to extend him to lower the number.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post
                    Carlton Davis has been basically an average starting NFL CB for his career. Last year he was more average, previously was a bit above average.

Yes, he was the one blocked into oblivion by Netflix.

His contract is for $20M, which is an overpay, but I'm not sure how much the Lions have to pay or assume.
                    Don't know where you are getting 20 milion from. sportrac says 14.352 million cap hit this year. Goes down to 8.052 million next year and can cut him after 2025 with no dead money
                    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Not a fan of that. Seems like they could have just paid a mediocre CB that money and not given up that 2nd day pick..

Comment

• I think Davis can be better than mediocre. Last year was the outlier in coverage ability. They are betting on him rebounding and he was good in the last two months.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          I imagine it is the patented prove it deal
                          I prove it deal for $14 million for one year? I'd rather have a true lockdown guy like Sneed for @ $20 million for x years.

I'm starting to get "smartest guy in the room" vibes from Brad. Not good.
                          Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsred View Post

I prove it deal for $14 million for one year? I'd rather have a true lockdown guy like Sneed for @ $20 million for x years.

I was speaking about Davenport

Comment

• Originally posted by dsred View Post

Is Sneed worth 22-25 million for 5 years AND giving up your first this year AND draft capital in 2025?
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• And that’s when the pass rush fell off for TB, right? Lions need to amp that up to help these guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X