No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I was thinking he might be a 2 year/$12M deal or something in that range even before the cap went up. So that per year cost tracks. Curious if that is a real 3rd year or voidable and it's really something like 2 years with $15 or $16M guranteed.

Comment

• I'd bet on the latter.

Comment

• Voidable years is all the rage these days.

Comment

• The grand reshuffling of NFL rosters is upon us. So ... who's going where? NFL.com's 2024 free agency tracker provides real-time team-by-team updates of all the key additions and trades in this frenzied period.

• OG Graham Glasgow: Agreed to a three-year, $20 million extension with $9.5 million in guarantees. (Mike Garafolo)

This is a little more detail, though not much, about the contract
          Last edited by El Axe; March 11, 2024, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Glasgow was a good re-sign at a decent cap charge.
            Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Jonah signed with the Rams.

3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
              10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• The deal for Jonah is 51/3 (34 guaranteed) with the Rams
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Good for Jonah but the writing was on the wall with that one. He was a fantastic OL for us and I wish him the best.

Sign and trade for Sneed

Draft the highest rated OL with the first rounder

Win the SuperBowl

Bro down
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Nice payday for Jonah and best of luck.
                    No chance the Lions could add that kind of contract to the OLine with Sewell coming up. Decker and Ragnow making a ton. Graham earned his new contract.

Wonder what that means for Steve Avila because the Rams also gave Kevin Dotson a big contract. Stafford’s OLine much upgraded when compared to the disastrous 2022 season.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                      Nice payday for Jonah and best of luck.
                      No chance the Lions could add that kind of contract to the OLine with Sewell coming up. Decker and Ragnow making a ton. Graham earned his new contract.

Wonder what that means for Steve Avila because the Rams also gave Kevin Dotson a big contract. Stafford’s OLine much upgraded when compared to the disastrous 2022 season.
                      Doesn't Avila have some C ability?
                      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Yeah, Avila will kick in to center for them.

Comment

• Jackson's contract is worth at least a 5th and probably 4th round compensatory pick.

If you keep hitting on draft picks, you can keep getting draft picks when teams sign your non-crucial players to big deals.

I'm with Jadaam, though, use pick 29 on OL. There are a like 5 or 6 college tackles and centers who can slide into starting guard day 1 and also serve as tackle or center depth in that draft range.

Comment

• The knee jerk reaction will be OG. If Powers-Johnson or Braton are the pick I’d have zero problem with it but it might be time to start looking at Deckers replacement. It’s a fairly decent OL draft
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The comp pick is only if the Lions don't sign any free agents that qualify from now until May 1st.

If they are really interested in getting comp picks, you let Jackson go and CJ go and then you sign Diggs and Armstead. Those two were released and aren't involved in the equation.

Comment

• I’d take Armstead regardless but he didn’t want to take a paycut to stay in San Fran. He’s not signing at a discount
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X