No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $11.5 for Jerry or Josh Jacobs? No way that can be Jerry.

Comment

• Sometimes those spotrac valuations are way off. Last year they signed Moseley to a one year 6 million dollar deal. I can't imagine this deal is even that high. It's probably heavy on the incentives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Lagoon58 View Post
        $11.5 for Jerry or Josh Jacobs? No way that can be Jerry.
        A real-time breakdown of the Detroit Lions 2024 salary cap, including salaries, bonuses, reserve lists, dead cap, cap space and more.

Look on the right hand side of your screen under "Calculated Market Values".
        Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          Sometimes those spotrac valuations are way off.
          That's what I said.

Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsred View Post

A real-time breakdown of the Detroit Lions 2024 salary cap, including salaries, bonuses, reserve lists, dead cap, cap space and more.

Look on the right hand side of your screen under "Calculated Market Values".
            LOL, 4/$46M...gtfo.

Comment

• I just watched Twentymen's episode at the beginning of the Combine. Pretty fun

I took light notes if you don't want to watch the 50min episode:

Field Yates from ESPN.
              - Entertaining interview. Discuss some new nfl rules. In particular, they're moving the trade deadline back a couple weeks, so it should get more action.

Lance Zierlien -- Primary evaluator for the NFL. Does the full writeup on every draftable player.
              - Deepest position in the draft: WR -- day 2 in particular.
              - Best value late first round: WR & OL. Barton & Powers-Johnson in particular
              - If looking for CB: Top 4 or 5 have a gap after them. Lions might want to trade up to get one.

Ben Solak The Ringer
              - Jared contract -- thinks $45M/yr like 3 yrs $138M would be ballpark. (note -- that seems light to me, but The Ringer has traditionally thought poorly of Goff).
              - Free Agent targets: Guards - Kevin Dotson & Mike Onwenu. Ben would trade a 1st for Sneed.
              - NFC North will be the best division in the NFC next year. Can see all teams above .500.
              - Thinks the Lions should go all in. This is their window.

Matt Miller -- ESPN Draft Analyst
              - Strong groups: WR, CB & OT. Troy Fautanu, Graham Barton, Jordan Morgan -- tackles who can play guard and should be in Lions range. Thinks that is the likely value at 29.
              - Mocked Latu & TJ Tampa

Comment

• Ben Solak The Ringer
                - Jared contract -- thinks $45M/yr like 3 yrs $138M would be ballpark. (note -- that seems light to me, but The Ringer has traditionally thought poorly of Goff).
                - Free Agent targets: Guards - Kevin Dotson & Mike Onwenu. Ben would trade a 1st for Sneed.
                - NFC North will be the best division in the NFC next year. Can see all teams above .500.
                - Thinks the Lions should go all in. This is their window.
                n
                But really? Do you go "all in" because "this is your window" or do you follow a plan for long term relevance.

I think the latter and I think that is Holmes and Campbell's plan
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I would trade some draft capital for Sneed. I don’t know about a first but I’d be all ears after that.
                  3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
                  10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Originally posted by dsred View Post

Spotrac had Jacob's market value at $11.5 million. Once you see that, $2.9 million doesn't seem that bad...

Maybe this is an assessment of so called "advanced" stats because we all know the eye test doesn't match either of said valuations.
                    My take is that the Lions are going to spend considerable resources at CB this offseason that would be better than Jacobs. Mosley can still be stashed and at his best offers true CB2 play. To have him slotted in down the bench is nothing but upside. Now if we strike out in the draft and FA and we're expecting immediate CB2 play from Mosley that would be foolish.

Holmes isn't that
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'd say at Moseley's best, he could absolutely be a CB1. He was right at the cusp near the end of his run in San Fran, and was arguably their best graded corner.

But after two ACL injuries and about two years from playing any meaningful snaps, the odds of him finding his old form are pretty low in my estimation.

Comment

• back 2 back ACL injuries is definitely a big deal. That's why i'm sure Holmes is going to go big at CB then use him as a lottery ticket type.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I think they go 2 FA CBs with one of them a legit CB1. And take one in the first two rounds of the draft.

You could have a secondary room of

Kendall Fuller
                          Cam Sutton
                          Niesan of GB
                          Brian Branch
                          Rakestraw
                          K Joseph
                          Iffy
                          Moseley

That would be a very nice top 8
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I’ve cooled on Fuller a bit, didn’t realize he’s 29.

The Athletic guys said the Lions should call up KC and offer a 2nd rounder for Sneed, basically under the assumption that Chris Jones will be resigned and KC will rely on their ability to develop CBs to replace Sneed. Don’t think that would get it done, but worth a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                              I’ve cooled on Fuller a bit, didn’t realize he’s 29.

The Athletic guys said the Lions should call up KC and offer a 2nd rounder for Sneed, basically under the assumption that Chris Jones will be resigned and KC will rely on their ability to develop CBs to replace Sneed. Don’t think that would get it done, but worth a shot.
                              I like Fuller on a 3 year deal. He was very good last year on a mess of a Washington defense.
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Fuller on a 3-year deal would be perfectly fine. A good corner nowadays is more than capable of playing in to his early 30s before Father Time starts noticably catching up.

Comment

Working...
                                X