No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Time for a new center?
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Well, the Lions probably should have been entertaining depth at center anyway, to be entirely honest.

Comment

• One of the cardinal rules of football is don't listen to people about future plans for another season right after the season ends. They definitely should think about drafting an interior lineman that eventually could replace Ragnow. I could see this upcoming season being his last. Also, I think you might have to prioritize retaining Glasgow over Jackson.

Comment

• I think Ragnow will want to come back for a shot at the SB.
            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• What really sucks is his toe injury is inoperable. So how long is that dude, even one as tough as Ragnow, going to want to gut it out on that thing every year? They absolutely need to start planning for his replacement and I'm not going to be surprised at all if the take an OG/C on day 2 of the draft. Hell, if they spend their FA money on a top CB and pass rusher, it could even be on day 1.

Comment

• Pass game coordinator Tanner Engstrand and WR coach Antwaan Randle El may be returning to the Detroit Lions in 2024 after other teams went elsewhere for their offensive coordinator hires.

The Detroit Lions missed out on a big opportunity to make the Super Bowl this year. In 2024, that route becomes even harder.
                "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                  I think Ragnow will want to come back for a shot at the SB.
                  The tone of that article sounds like he is contemplating retirement.
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

The tone of that article sounds like he is contemplating retirement.
                    I know. Time away from the game and he'll miss it a lot with the possibility of a SB and he comes back.
                    GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post

I know. Time away from the game and he'll miss it a lot with the possibility of a SB and he comes back.
                      Like Froot suggested, the team will have to prioritize keeping Glasgow over Jackson, since you can have Glasgow play more than one position.

Brad Holmes will have to at least spend one of his 2024 draft picks (he has 7 in all) on an offensive lineman, even if it's for developmental purposes.

The true strength of this team is our O-Line, and if it ever gets worse, we're already cooked, as we saw what happened when Jackson or Decker were out of action during the Regular Season and even in the Playoffs.

Keeping our O-Line at least a Top-5 O-Line in the NFL must be one of the things Brad Holmes has to keep going each and every year.
                      My friend Ken L

Comment

• Detroit Lions Noticed Jameson Williams Putting in 'Crazy' Work (msn.com)
                        My friend Ken L

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                          My friend Ken L

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                            My friend Ken L

Comment

• "Like Froot suggested, the team will have to prioritize keeping Glasgow over Jackson, since you can have Glasgow play more than on position"
                              -------------------------------------I assume that's exactly what they'll do unless Jackson takes an average pay.
                              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Glasgow isn't going to cost a ton, I doubt that will have much of a bearing on keeping Jackson. Yeah, he outplayed his 1 year deal, but he'll also be 32 and I don't expect him to garner big offers form other teams.

With Jackson the question will be if they want take that money and use it to shore up another position like CB or DE. A lot of that will depend upon what Sorsdal can be after rough rookie season.

Comment

Working...
                                X