Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
    It's weird, there is more scuttle that the price he was asking for was high and that was giving teams pause. Is he just so comfortable in Detroit that he's only going to go for a godfather offer?
    He probably figures that Campbell is so intense that he'll burn out in about three years and then he can take over the Lions. 😉
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I think he has young kids too, so maybe he's just not keen on uprooting them and going to a team where he'll be responsible for a rebuild.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
        Johnson might be one of those guys content with being a coordinator, because he sure has been awfully picky taking that next step.
        He's the William T Riker of the NFL.
        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Rich Eisen reacts to Lions OC Ben Johnson announcing he’s staying in Detroit rather than pursuing the Washington Commanders head coaching job.Tune in to the ...
          3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
          10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

He's the William T Riker of the NFL.
            Well Done Reaction GIF
            Apathetic No More.

Comment

• After seeing the reaction to the team this year, Johnson also probably realizes a Super Bowl win here would be special and make him a legend. So saddle up, plug the roster holes and make another run.

Meanwhile, Eric Bienenemy over on the side thinking WTF?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                It's weird, there is more scuttle that the price he was asking for was high and that was giving teams pause. Is he just so comfortable in Detroit that he's only going to go for a godfather offer?
                he's young enough to sit back and wait for it.

Comment

• In think the rumored big asking price was the result of Johnson telling the Panthers that's what it would take to work there.

He is still relatively inexperienced. My personal opinion is a lot of these young guys don't have enough experience to properly be the head coach. I think Campbell was well served being Payton's understudy for 5 seasons after he was interim Head Coach for Miami

Comment

• It's great to see him coming back...he is as important as just about anyone in the organization outside of Holmes and Campbell....Jared Goff must be thrilled also.

Comment

• You know I have been down for obvious reasons in the past two days, but Damn, is MCDC building a culture that wants to work with him? This is getting historic.

I question some of Ben's play calls that are way too slow to develop or not running the ball when it is 1st and goal from the 3, but his motivation to win one in Detroit and for MCDC is special.

I am not sure if I don't want AG to move along, though.
                      Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• I wonder if HARBAUGH!!! getting the Chargers job affected this.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ken View Post
                          You know I have been down for obvious reasons in the past two days, but Damn, is MCDC building a culture that wants to work with him? This is getting historic.

I question some of Ben's play calls that are way too slow to develop or not running the ball when it is 1st and goal from the 3, but his motivation to win one in Detroit and for MCDC is special.

I am not sure if I don't want AG to move along, though.
                          Considering how few horses they had on defense, that Glenn actually got something resembling a league average unit out of that is honestly impressive.

Comment

Considering how few horses they had on defense, that Glenn actually got something resembling a league average unit out of that is honestly impressive.
                            I think AG did well considering that he had to try to scheme to cover so many holes in the talent level.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Now I will say I didn't like his over-insistence on stopping the run in a pass-first league, but ya know... when you've got a secondary that can't play man and can't play zone, I guess I'm not sure what COULD have worked.

Comment

Now I will say I didn't like his over-insistence on stopping the run in a pass-first league, but ya know... when you've got a secondary that can't play man and can't play zone, I guess I'm not sure what COULD have worked.
                                I think last year they couldn't stop anything. And it is easier to stop the run. If you are able to do that then you are better able to scheme against the pass.
                                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X