• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
          My friend Ken L

Comment

My friend Ken L

Comment

• Love it" Glasgow is the man!!!!!

Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Lions nab first playoff win since 1992 with wild-card win; what did the Rams in?

By Jourdan Rodrigue and Colton Pouncy
                Jan 14, 2024

The Detroit Lions won their first playoff game since 1992 as they defeated the Los Angeles Rams 24-23 in the wild-card round Sunday night at Ford Field. Detroit will host the winner of the Philadelphia Eagles–Tampa Bay Buccaneers matchup next Sunday.

With just over four minutes to play in the fourth quarter, the Lions halted a Rams drive and Los Angeles’ comeback momentum. Detroit quarterback Jared Goff was then able to secure two first downs with completions to running back David Montgomery and receiver Amon-Ra St. Brown to help run out the clock and seal the win.

Goff was sharp from the opening kickoff as he completed his first 10 passes en route to finishing 22-of-27 for 277 yards and a touchdown. His lone scoring toss went to rookie tight end Sam LaPorta in the second quarter, who was questionable heading in to the game after suffering a knee injury in the final week of the regular season.

Montgomery and rookie Jahmyr Gibbs each found the end zone in the first half as well to help Detroit build a 21-17 lead at the break.

Los Angeles was able to chip away at that lead thanks to two second-half field goals by Brett Maher. Quarterback Matthew Stafford finished with 367 yards and two touchdowns. Rookie receiver Puka Nacua, who set rookie records with 105 receptions for 1,486 yards in the regular season, set a playoff rookie record for receiving yards with 181 on nine catches.

Detroit has finally done it

They did. They really did it. For the first time in 32 years, the Detroit Lions have won a playoff game. A monumental step forward for the franchise. This is what coach Dan Campbell envisioned when the season began. A division title. A home playoff game. A playoff win — and now, whatever’s next.

They did it in dramatic fashion, taking down former face-of-the-franchise Stafford in the process. This is a win Detroit won’t soon forget. A celebration 32 years in the making is on the horizon. — Colton Pouncy, Lions beat writer

Rams done in by missed opportunities

The number of the game, for the Rams: 0-for-3 in the red zone, where they missed on a couple of throws and ultimately settled for field goals.

“I really liked the way our defense played in the second half,” said Rams coach Sean McVay of a unit that allowed 21 first-half points but just three in the second. “I think the difference in the game was the red area. We were 0-for-3, they were 3-for-3. There were certainly some chances that I think we’re capable of executing.”

That was, perhaps, the most significant swing between the two teams. The other costly moments were ones the Rams could ill afford. Nacua had nine catches for 181 yards and a touchdown, but the one catch he didn’t come down with was a third-and-14 that potentially could have drawn a flag. Teammate Cooper Kupp’s reaction after the play indicated he was looking for a call, and McVay indicated as much but reiterated that the red zone production was the biggest negative.

After that, the Rams were down just a point and the defense had to make a stop on second-and-7 with 3:24 to play and only one time out left. Outside linebacker Michael Hoecht missed a tackle in the flat and the Lions converted, then could call a run that took them to the two-minute warning. A quick-strike from Goff over the middle on the other side of the two-minute warning with Quentin Lake in tight coverage converted the next second-and-9 and killed McVay’s last time out, and allowed the Lions to kneel it out.

It was a tough loss in an electric environment for the Rams, but McVay’s overall sentiment postgame was pride and gratitude for a group nobody thought would be here.

“The finality of it doesn’t totally resonate,” he said, “but man, did I really learn a lot and appreciate this group. They helped me find my way again, and how much I love this and love the people that I’m around.” — Jourdan Rodrigue, Rams beat writer

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                My friend Ken L

Comment

My friend Ken L

Comment

My friend Ken L

Comment

My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post
                        4:06 ……. “All he got was the big L. Take that back to Hollywood, Matthew Stafford”

fucking hilarious……. And WELL DONE you attending detroit fans. FK Matthew Stafford. 🖕
                        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

My friend Ken L

Comment

My friend Ken L

Comment

Whoever handles the Lions' social media has really stepped it up. 😆
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

This made me cry. Thank you, Brad Holmes! You are a genius!!
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X