Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
    IMG_4713.jpg How much are these feckin tickets?

And —>>> on his phone, on his phone and on his phone. Jaysus H 🤦‍♂️
    That’s clearly like a post game picture, the guy imf front appears to be getting a jersey signed while it appears some other fans are snapping pictures of whoever is doing the signing.

Comment

• It’s funny how perspectives are so different when you are young/growing up - it seemed like they played in the Silverdome forever because that was the only stadium I knew. But it was 26 seasons, and now they are already at 21 seasons for Ford Field.

Comment

• If my math is correct, the Lions played 36 years at Tiger Stadium.
        3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
        10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Navin Field and Briggs Stadium aka Tiger Stadium.

i cannot believe ford field has been occupied for 21 years already.
          ​​​​​​
          wow
          Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• It was a shock when they decided to leave the Silverdome. It would be a bigger shock if they ever leave Ford Field. It's crazy how much that part of downtown was revitalized once the stadiums went up. For the longest time, going to Downton Detroit was going to basically three spots: Cobo/JLA, the RenCen or Greektown.

Comment

• I think the downtown should thank Dan Gilbert for sustained interest in downtown foot traffic.
              Without the thousands of employees and new residents in the area it still would be the Get down there and dash after game crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                The other day Ricco on Valenti's show was talking about how he was at the last Lions playoff win - cuz someone gave him a free ticket,because nobody really gave a shit about going. And Valenti asked if there was proof - did he have a picture.

He answered 'No man, You didn't go to take selfies and be on your phone back then. You actually experienced it. You were there, ya know'. Or words to that effect. It sounds amazing. I remember those days.

I've not been to a big concert in years, but I wonder how many people actually experience it, and how many are watching through their screen / camera.

Eh, damn kids!!!!!!

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN
                I was at that game as well. News reports said the game wasn't sold out. So my buddy took a chance and drove to the Silverdome from Canada, walked up to the ticket window and got the best tickets we could. Lower bowl about 6 rows up in the endzone.

Don't remember the price.

Compare that to the present.
                Apathetic No More.

Comment

• I was there, too - my boyfriend and I were in Detroit visiting a friend that weekend, and the friend woke up on the morning of the playoff game, drove to the Silverdome and bought 3 tickets to the game. Fun fact - I dumped the boyfriend shortly thereafter, and wound up marrying the friend in 1997. It wasn’t just because of the playoff tickets, but that didn’t hurt. 😊
                  "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• My first game was 1976 Thanksgiving. I was 14.
                    Very good older friend was big Juice fan. OJ. Ran for 276 yards that day which was the record at that time.
                    Lions still won game.
                    Went home after game and then went to local semi pro hockey game. My youth was all about sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
                      I was there, too - my boyfriend and I were in Detroit visiting a friend that weekend, and the friend woke up on the morning of the playoff game, drove to the Silverdome and bought 3 tickets to the game. Fun fact - I dumped the boyfriend shortly thereafter, and wound up marrying the friend in 1997. It wasn’t just because of the playoff tickets, but that didn’t hurt. 😊
                      Aw man, that was a great fun fact, Kayrone. Superb stuff. Its also made me think that I've been away from soap operas for waaaay too long! Off to binge watch some EastEnders!
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• My first game at the Silverdome was the 95 MNF game against the 49ers. My last Silverdome game was the 97 Thanksgiving day game against the Bears. I was actually at the dome twice that week because I saw the Colts game that Sunday; Barry had 216 yards. The Lions were 3-1 in games I saw there.
                        3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
                        10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Lions place Jerry Jacobs and James Mitchell on IR....What did Mitchell do to his hand? Next man up Anthony Firkser! Hopefully Brock Wright is 100% and LaPorta is good to go.

Comment

• He banged it up bad enough to have to have surgery. Something must have happened at practice.

Comment

• I don't think this has been shared yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                                I don't think this has been shared yet.

Oh man that's really cool. What a great tribute.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X