Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
    You sound like my Dad. He got very agitated on Thanksgiving when we paused the game (on TiVo) to tend to dinner. We were only about five minutes behind, and I assured him we wouldn't miss a thing, but he said he couldn't stand it.

As for me, watching a game on TiVo is the best thing ever!! Get a little behind so you can FF through commercials. And if the announcers are putrid, you hit the 20-second advance between plays. The only thing that bothers me is when friends start texting during the game and I can't pick up my phone for fear of spoiling what's about to happen.
    Exactly how I used to do it when my Dad had Tivo and I'd drop by for Sunday foosball.
    "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
    Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post

Exactly how I used to do it when my Dad had Tivo and I'd drop by for Sunday foosball.
      Don't know if foosball is a typo, but loved foosball and played in many tourneys in the eighties and did pretty well. Wish I still knew people who played.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
        Don't know if foosball is a typo, but loved foosball and played in many tourneys in the eighties and did pretty well. Wish I still knew people who played.
        It was a typo, I meant to say foolsball. That's what I call it for my mom or the Iron Lioness. Because it's just a bunch of millionaires putting on plastic and hitting each other, doing nothing whatsoever to better humanity. And yet we love it.

Those two ladies in my life are so funny. They don't understand that when the crowd boos, they're booing their own team. They think the crowd is booing the visitors.
        "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
        Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Booing etiquette.

Boo the opponent before the game.
          Boo the home team during the game.
          Boo the performer at halftime.
          Boo the refs before, during, after the game.
          Boo Goodell during draft picks.
          Boo anytime Gregg Popovich picks up a mic.

Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post

LAME!! We have to be at a wedding that night
            Bring a little stand for your phone and watch it online.

image.png
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickalicious View Post
              Booing etiquette.

Boo the opponent before the game.
              Boo the home team during the game.
              Boo the performer at halftime.
              Boo the refs before, during, after the game.
              Boo Goodell during draft picks.
              Boo anytime Gregg Popovich picks up a mic.
              Boo Trickalicious just because
              FIFY
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

Bring a little stand for your phone and watch it online.

image.png
                  Did thanksgiving at a place in town called Frankenmuth. Brought my tablet to do exactly this. Turned it off with a minute left and apparently had a few people that were relying on my tablet to track the game.

Comment

• Awww, Frankenmuth is a great place to spend a holiday!! Hope you enjoyed your visit.
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                        All those guys are WRs....Sam is doing this as a TE, even more impressive....I think the only TE that has ever had a better rookie season is Keith Jackson and Sam isnt all that far from his numbers either.

Comment

• LaPorta was great yesterday, he had those stats, he played fullback and he made the key block on the long Gibbs run. He cleared out Cameron Jordan.

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                            My friend Ken L

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                              My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                LaPorta was great yesterday, he had those stats, he played fullback and he made the key block on the long Gibbs run. He cleared out Cameron Jordan.
                                This is where I was wrong about LaPorta in the draft. I thought he'd be a very good receiving tight end, but I wanted more of a blocking tight end. He's been an excellent blocking tight end. While he isn't going to overpower and pancake guys, he is going to put himself in position, make good choices and use good technique -- which makes him a better blocker than the big guys who don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X