Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    It was really impressive what Dobbs came in and did. That’s the shit legends are made of but Dobbs isn’t a legend and Minnesota isn’t good.

Even when Cousins and Jefferson were playing they sucked. The Vikings are good enough to finish hovering around .500 and in 2nd place in the division

Thats about it
    I disagree. The Vikings are pretty good. It is lucky for the Lions that Cousins went down. He was playing as well as anyone in the league.

They don't have a legit QB now, though. There is a reason that Dobbs has played for 150 teams in his career, but even so, they are still dangerous.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• After the trade deadline from last week, the Detroit Lions have the 6th youngest roster in the NFL, and the Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs are 7th:

Probably why Brad Holmes didn't want to give up any draft capital for next season, as the trade with Cleveland only gives them a 6th round in 2025.
      "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
      My friend Ken L

Comment

• I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Lions play coming off the bye week playing on the west coast. Granted, the Lions teams have been horrible over the years but for some reason I remember them being pretty bad when they had to travel to the west coast. I am feeling like this could be a trap game.
        All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• I'm not sure how good the Vikings are but they should be playing for double digit wins by the last game against the Lions. Their next 4 games are the key:
          Saints
          @Broncos
          Bears
          @Raiders

At worst I think they split that, but they could feasibly sweep those 4 games. I guess it depends a lot in Dobbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

I disagree. The Vikings are pretty good. It is lucky for the Lions that Cousins went down. He was playing as well anyone in the league.

They don't have a legit QB now, though. There is a reason that Dobbs has played for 150 teams in his career, but even so, they are still dangerous.
            I’ll give them credit for beating the 9ers. That’s a good win but that’s about it. They were a .500 team with Cousins “balling out” which is exactly what i said they were. A .500 team
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post
              The Eagles may technically have the 10th easiest schedule remaining, but that's a mirage because their last three games are against the Giants twice and the Cardinals. That's a combined 5-22 for those three games which makes their schedule appear easy.

Here are the Eagles next 5 games: @ KC, v Buffalo, v SF, @ Dallas, @ Seattle .

I'm not sure you could put together a more difficult 5 game stretch if you tried. Worse is that combined with their nailbiter v Dallas yesterday, it's particularly difficult to be up for 6 games in a row like that.
              I'm glad you pointed that out. I was wondering how the article figured that the Eagles have an easy schedule. They'll be lucky to come out of that stretch 3-2. If they do better than 3-2, well then they absolutely deserve the 1st seed.

Comment

• A team tried to steal a player from the Lions practice squad last week
                MIKE PAYTON
                UPDATED:21 MINUTES AGO
                ORIGINAL:22 MINUTES AGO

Bob Donnan-USA TODAY Sports

The Detroit Lions were on a bye week last week. That's why it was a little strange that on Thursday they did a practice squad elevation out of nowhere. The team signed undrafted rookie linebacker Trevor Nowaske to their 53-man roster.

We now know why they made that move, it's because he was about to get poached by another team.

"Yeah, he was being poached potentially." Lions Head Coach Dan Campbell said Monday. "We didn't want to lose him. We felt like we had the flexibility to make that move. We feel like we're gonna need him before it's all said and done and we like where he's going. He's another young guy that we've got on this roster that's really developing and growing. And it's a good room right now. All seven of those guys counting him. It's an outstanding room between what they're able to do defensively but special teams too. We rely on them for a lot. So yeah, he was a guy that we didn't want to lose."

Nowaske really showed up near the end of camp and in the preseason. He was someone that many of us writers pegged as a guy that could make the Lions 53-man roster over special teams ace Anthony Pittman.

I wouldn't expect to see much of Nowaske on the field with the defense this year, but you should see him on the special teams unit when he's active on game day. This is a player to watch after the season. If I had to make a prediction, the Lions will probably look to lock him down with a futures deal and see what he can do for them in camp next year. Teams don't always make moves like this to protect an undrafted rookie. They see something there.

It's not known which team tried to poach Nowaske away at this time. If that information comes out, we will update this piece to reflect that.​
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• #birdsarentreal

Comment

• #birdsarentreal

Comment

• If they don’t improve those things he said it’s on him
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• OMG, how many times is he gonna say that?!?! Falling on deaf ears!!!!

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                          My friend Ken L

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                            My friend Ken L

Comment

• Meet the Lions fan who pulled Jahmyr Gibbs into the stands post touchdown

Sarah Rahal
                              The Detroit News

Detroit — After Detroit Lions running back Jahmyr Gibbs scored a touchdown last week, he leaped into the arms of Roseville's Katie Six, who said it's an unforgettable highlight.

It happened on Oct. 30 after the rookie rusher scored a third-quarter touchdown against the Las Vegas Raiders.

Six, 29, was standing front row beside friends when she saw Gibbs running toward them. Out of excitement, she bent over the guard railing and the next thing she knew, he jumped up toward her.

Lions fans gobble up Jahmyr Gibbs_10-30-2023.jpg

She says she didn't have any trouble getting hold of the 5-foot-9, 200-pound running back. The moment is going viral on social media and has become known as a “Lions Leap.” She believes excitement gave her the strength to pull him up into their row.

"We saw him coming towards us. When I replay the video, I laugh at how far my arms were thrown out in the video," Six said. "I think it was just a lot of adrenaline in the moment. Just being in that moment is crazy."

"He just runs up, hops up, and cheers with us in the stands. There were so many emotions going through me at that time; it's kind of all just a blur, but it was definitely an awesome moment. "

Six and Gibbs don't know each other and she doesn't believe he said anything, but they were just enjoying the moment. His fellow teammates came to assist his leap back down to the field.

During her days, Six bartends in Harrison Township and does eyelash extensions as a hobby. Six has sat in the same seat for more than a couple of games. Her boyfriend has had season tickets to the Lions for the last 12 years and "Nothing more than a few high-fives have ever happened," she said.

"It's been crazy after the game. Everyone's so happy for us, calling and texting and blowing up on socials. Seeing how many people are excited for us and seeing it spread is great," Six said.

Lions won the game 14-26. She's excited for the next one hoping Gibbs says hello: "We'll be there on Nov. 19th."

srahal@detroitnews.com

My friend Ken L

Comment

• Lions' 3 injured starters return to practice; team hopeful they can play vs. Chargers

Justin Rogers
                                The Detroit News

Allen Park — The Detroit Lions' bye week appears to have served one of its biggest purposes: giving the team's injured players some extra time to rest and recover.

And even though it's too early to project the status for starters Frank Ragnow, Jonah Jackson and David Montgomery, all three took a step toward returning to action this week after missing the team's previous game against the Las Vegas Raiders. David Montgomery looks just about ready.jpg

"All three of those guys moved around today. They were out there," Lions coach Dan Campbell said Monday afternoon. "Today was really more priming the pump, getting ready for (Tuesday), but we did some individual, some group (work), did a special teams segment, and they were all involved, all three of those guys."

The Lions will conduct a longer, padded session on Tuesday in preparation for the weekend's road game against the Chargers. That practice will provide a much better barometer regarding the status of the trio, but Campbell expressed optimism based on what he saw Monday.

"They've been trending the right way now for a while," Campbell said. "Certainly hopeful."

Jackson has missed the most time from that group. He's been sidelined the past three games due to a sprained ankle, while Montgomery has been out the past two matchups with a rib cartilage injury. Ragnow only missed last Monday's game against the Raiders. He has been hindered by a strained calf.

While Montgomery was out, rookie Jahmyr Gibbs shouldered the backfield load for the Lions. He logged 125 snaps the past two games and had a breakout performance in the victory over Las Vegas, racking up 189 yards from scrimmage and scoring his second touchdown of the season. Still, despite that electric outing, the plan is to resume a timeshare once Montgomery is cleared to return.

"Yeah, certainly we know what David can do, but we know Gibbs has gotten better every week," Campbell said. "We're going to ask those guys to do things they do well and that help our offense move the football. I don't think, necessarily, talking to you right now that I see Gibbs getting 65 plays. I don't see that, but he's going to get his fair share now. We know what he can be and he's growing. I think it will be a little bit by committee and (we) make sure we get those guys touches. Gibbs will get his touches."

jdrogers@detroitnews.com

Twitter/X: @Justin_Rogers

My friend Ken L

Comment

Working...
                                X