Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

lol. That NBA Jam reference is on point! That’s comment of the year and it’s 1000% accurate.

I hope you’re right on DPJ. Honestly he’s been stuck with garbage QBs in college and the NFL. Hopefully Goff unlocks that.

My thing is that he was one of the highest recruits Michigan had and tabbed elite but I never saw it. They had 3 game changing WRs and he’d just go quiet for long stretches. Even with a garbage QB you should be able to tell who’s elite. He never flashed.

I will give him one thing tho, he always seemed to be of high character. He was one of the first if not only players to visit Black when he got injured and was in the hospital. I always thought that was cool.
    Those Michigan teams had Nico Collins, DPJ, and Ronnie Bell. Throw in Tarik Black who many thought was the most talented of all those dudes (though he could never stay healthy). That was a loaded WR room that had Shea Patterson throwing them the ball in a mess of a Michigan offense. I still have nightmares of Patterson missing Collins running open down the field and Patterson just missing the throw.

Comment

• Patterson was so bad. Ole Miss was laughing their asses off when he left.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        The thing about the playoffs is if you are going far, you are likely to be involved in a shootout. The Lions goal is to strangle teams, but when you run into top teams sometimes you might have to win 38-31. They didn't have enough outside guys to win that way. DPJ might not pile up a lot of stats but he is truly a guy teams have to worry about deep.

This schedule is a great schedule for developing some of the young guys.
        Maybe but if he steps right in JaMo might be the one needed to be traded. Dude is taking what seems like forever. He doesn’t need to take over games, just be consistent
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• That might be a long term issue, but it's not really an issue now or next year. They were one outside receiver short.

Comment

That might be a long term issue, but it's not really an issue now or next year. They were one outside receiver short.
            Yeah I feel that is an off season decision. Right now his value is pretty damn low. At least in the off-season you can be like ah he is so much better with full practice and no injuries. Plus you could have already found an alternative (draft pick, trade or FA signing). Also there is very little downside to keeping him through next year since you aren't actually reliant on him filling the role we drafted him for.

Comment

• They are not giving up on Jamo any time soon
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• #birdsarentreal

Comment

I think the DPJ trade is not getting the props it probably deserves. It was really clear the Lions lacked a big outside receiver. The passing game has been really good considering their best 4 receivers are best in the slot. The Baltimore game exposed the offense in a way nobody is talking about because Lamar was on fire in an NBA Jam way. In that game the Ravens D took away the middle of the field and it rendered the O ineffective to keep up in a shootout. It was obvious they need a big outside receiver.

DPJ is a rental, but he's a rental that is likely to re-sign and for a small price.
                  I dont remember which game it was but it was a couple games before the Ravens game.....GOff literally threw almost nothing to the outside....Almost every pass play looked identical: either a slant or a square in.... I remember thinking that other teams are going to pick up on this if we notice it too......Part of that might have been the Lions just dont have any receivers that work the outside edges well....I know people want JaMo to just run as fast as he can down the sidelines and Goff hits him for a 75 yard TD, but it just doesnt work that way.....I dont know if Goff preferring the middle of the field is a thing or not, or if it is just he didnt have the WRs that could be effective outside....Hopefully this trade opens that up for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                    What is he 3 foot nuthin? We already have a Kalif.
                    Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                      They are not giving up on Jamo any time soon
                      Fans' viewpoints on him are sad, if not hilarious. They trade up from deep to go get him and have him under contract for 3 more years. Zero chance they're done with him any time soon, especially if that reason is DPJ, lol

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                        My friend Ken L

Comment

My friend Ken L

Comment

My friend Ken L

Comment

My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Lagoon58 View Post

Fans' viewpoints on him are sad, if not hilarious. They trade up from deep to go get him and have him under contract for 3 more years. Zero chance they're done with him any time soon, especially if that reason is DPJ, lol
                                I’ll tell what sad and hilarious is

He’s been targeted 15 times this year with 6 catches and 3 drops. That’s a 20% drop rate.

In 10 total NFL games he has 7 for 112 yards. 45 of those yards came on 1 play. Acting like we need to wait until year 4 to not see garbage is delusional
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X